Job ID: 217791
Location: FORT CARSON , CO , US
Date Posted: 2021-05-26
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Sys Administrator
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Interim Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Remote Work: Yes
SAIC has an opportunity for a Windows Server System Administrator to support the US Army Corps of Engineers Revolutionary IT Services (USACE RITS) program.
NOTE: This is a 100% virtual / work from home / remote position located anywhere in the CONUS.
- Testing of upgrades and patches to maintain Windows Server 2012, 2016 and 2019.
- Management tasking includes but is not limited to troubleshooting, metrics collection, maintenance support, and the timely entry of communication and tasking into the ticket management tool ITSM (Remedy).
- Maintain the patch repository
- Work on duties that include designing new windows server and desktop solutions, installing software, troubleshooting, and training techs and users, as needed.
- Program in an administrative language, including PowerShell and VMWare CLI, as needed.
- Write and Deploy Microsoft PowerShell scripts to support the collection of data from workstations and servers, assist with the deployment of software packages, and perform remediation actions on windows workstation or server assets
- Resolve difficult interoperability problems to obtain operation across all platforms.
- Help automate configuration of systems to specifications.
- Review/advise on acquisition of hardware, software, needed to support the mission.
- Perform a variety of routine and non-routine tasks associated with Cyber/Information Security (INFOSEC) and Information Assurance (IA) support in accordance with National and Department of Defense (DoD) standards to include the Defense Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP) / Risk Management Framework (RMF).
- Conduct systems analysis and development to keep systems current with changing technologies, security needs, and user functional requirements.
- Interact with the engineering management team and senior customer personnel on matters requiring coordination across organizational lines.
Required experience and education:
- Bachelor's Degree and two (2) years or more experience or 4 years of experience in lieu of a degree.
- Two (2) years of Windows Systems Administrative experience.
- Hardware knowledge.
- Help desk experience.
- GPO and AD experience.
- Experience with VMWare.
- Interim Secret Clearance
- Must be able to obtain Secret
- Certifications (DoD 8570.01 IAT Level II): Security+ CE
Target salary range: $75,001 - $100,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com
or Working at SAIC
for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.