Veolia Group aims to be the benchmark company for ecological transformation. With nearly 220,000 employees worldwide, the Group designs and provides game-changing solutions that are both useful and practical for water, waste and energy management. Through its three complementary business activities, Veolia helps to develop access to resources, preserve available resources and replenish them. In 2021, the Veolia group provided 79 million inhabitants with drinking water and 61 million with sanitation, produced nearly 48 million megawatt hours and recovered 48 million tonnes of waste. Veolia Environnement (Paris Euronext: VIE) achieved consolidated revenue of 28,508 billion euros in 2021. www.veolia.com
Sign on bonus: $2500
Relocation bonus: We'll pay you up to $5500 to move!
Supervise five or more full time employees in an assigned plant or department. Plans and coordinates activities of workers to operate and maintain water / wastewater treatment, processing, disposal and testing equipment in water / wastewater treatment facility to purify water to meet permit requirements and operational requirements.
PRIMARY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assigns personnel to shifts and plans daily schedules to operate filtering and chemical treatment, coagulation and settling basins, and other plant facilities. Coordinates schedule to ensure that plant resources are being utilized to achieve project objectives.
- Oversees the human resource functions of assigned team including hiring and firing, performance appraisals, coaching and counseling team. Recommends and provides input for salary and job change actions. Works with HSE and training team to ensure that all personnel receive safety and process training. Coaches and counsels team to improve technical skills and interpersonal and problem resolution skills. Works to identify and provide opportunities for team to learn new skills and techniques.
- Prepares work orders either manually or from a CMMS system as required and prepares work related reports, procurement requisitions, charts, graphs and data submittal requirements in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ensures that consistent process control and quality assurance procedures are followed in all assigned areas and shifts. Ensures that uniform monitoring and recordkeeping are performed facility-wide.
- Reviews and evaluates water reports, records, logs, and graphs to confirm adequacy of present and projected water needs. Prepares reports concerned with chemical and bacteriological analyses of water for internal purposes, client and regulatory agencies.
- Provides leadership in achieving safety goals. Proactively manage safety and environmental issues and ensures compliance with Federal and State standards including Hazardous Waste Disposal and Air Quality Standards. Ensures that issues are identified, addressed, and elevated if necessary, in a timely manner.
- Establishes maintenance schedules and ensures that machines, equipment, tooling and other accessories are properly maintained and in top working condition. Assists in diagnosing and evaluating complex equipment and process failures.
- Recommends and maintains an up-to-date plan of action to be taken in event of emergencies such as machine, equipment or power failure, or need to release dammed water to affect flood control. Executes the plan if necessary.
Typically spends 75% of time in operations environment and 25% of time in an office environment. May need to work outside in inclement weather conditions and drive company vehicle to perform duties. May serve rotational 24 hour emergency on-call.
Possible Work Hazards:
May be exposed to possible operations hazards including dust, fumes, toxic and caustic chemicals, rotating machinery, high pressure, hot or cold work temperatures, slippery surfaces, water and electrical hazards.
Education / Experience / Background
- Degree in a related field (24 credits in Chemistry is a plus) or equivalent related experience.
- Five to seven years in various positions within a water / wastewater treatment environment with knowledge of methods, principles and practices of operating, maintaining and repairing water treatment plant equipment, instrumentation and associated systems.
- Lead experience or supervisory training required with understanding of human relations, training, performance evaluation and health and safety.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Must have an understanding of water /wastewater treatment process engineering, water quality assurance, maintenance strategy and laboratory procedures.
- Must demonstrate effective skills in troubleshooting, problem solving and team building.
- Ingenuity and initiative are required to coordinate problem resolution and to execute the schedule requirements within a team environment.
- Must have a general knowledge of budget preparation and understanding of cost control.
- Demonstrated excellent verbal communications and interpersonal skills in order to interface with and motivate all levels of personnel.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare accurate, timely, effective, complete and easily understood written communications and reports.
- Proficiency in the care and use of all site specific, facility required PPE (Personal Protection Equipment).
- PC skills and knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software for preparing work related reports, charts, graphs and data submittal requirements. Ability to use computer systems for preparing work orders and purchase requisitions.
- Must be able to serve rotational 24 hour emergency on-call if required by site.
- Demonstrated commitment to compliance with applicable laws and regulations, the Company's Code of Business Conduct and other Company policies and procedures.
Required Certification / Licenses / Training
- Employee Orientation. Standard Operating Procedures. Safety, OSHA & Quality Training.
- Financial and performance management training.
- Must stay abreast of advancements in technology and systems.
- HAZWOPER (Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response) Level I and II certification if required by site. Forklift certification if required by site. Highest level state certification for water/wastewater treatment required by site.
- May perform more advanced functions as part of training and development.
- Highest level of Water / Wastewater Certification and/or Highest level of Water Treatment Certification with knowledge of current and pending water treatment standards, regulations and federal, state and local laws and codes.
Amount of time spent - Standing 25%, Sitting 25%, Walking 50%.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch and enter confined spaces. May be required to use ladders or stairs.
The employee must lift and/or move up to 50 pounds (occasionally 60 pounds). Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. Requires close visual observation to detect process non-conformance and machine malfunction.
Veolia's comprehensive benefits package includes paid time off policies, as well as health, dental and vision insurance. In addition, employees are also entitled to participate in an employer sponsored 401(k) plan, to save for retirement. Pay and benefits for employees represented by a union are outlined in their collective bargaining agreement.
A subsidiary of Veolia group, Veolia North America (VNA) offers a full spectrum of water, waste and energy management services, including water and wastewater treatment, commercial and hazardous waste collection and disposal, energy consulting and resource recovery. VNA helps commercial, industrial, healthcare, higher education and municipality customers throughout North America. Headquartered in Boston, Mass., Veolia North America has more than 10,000 employees working at more than 350 locations across the continent. www.veolianorthamerica.com As an inclusive company, Veolia is committed to diversity and gives equal consideration to all applications, without discrimination. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer! All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Disclaimer: The salary, other compensation, and benefits information is accurate as of the date of this posting. The Company reserves the right to modify this information at any time, subject to applicable law.
This job has expired.