Do you enjoy working in a team environment where the focus is safety? Does working in a positive, team-oriented environment motivate you? Do you have prior forklift operator experience? If so, you might be Georgia-Pacific's next Warehouse Forklift Operator. Georgia-Pacific Gypsum in Tacoma, WA, has an immediate need for full-time Warehouse Forklift Operators who are available to work any of the following shifts: day swing shift (5:30am-2pm), swing shift (1:30pm-10pm) or grave shift (9:30pm-6am). The position pays $22.54 per hour with shift differential for swing and grave shifts. Overtime opportunities are available.
Forklift Operators create value by facilitating the movement of product through the facility to ensure accurate and timely delivery of our products to both internal and external customers.
What You Will Do In Your Role
· Conducting required pre-operating checks on forklift and equipment
· Safely operating forklift and/or other machinery to complete tasks such as loading/unloading OTR's, moving product within the warehouse, loading/offloading rail cars and flat racks or prepping product to move via railcar/flat rack
· Operating a forklift while using various attachments to move product such as forks, grabs, clamps, and push pull attachments
· Utilizing hand tools and equipment while periodically handling product weights up to 50 pounds
· Supporting our strict adherence to a safe working environment by wearing appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
· Working in a hot, humid, cold and/or noisy industrial environment
· Ability to count product and read plots, load appropriately to reduce miss-shipments.
· Other tasks as assigned
The Experience You Will Bring (Requirements):
· High school diploma or GED
· At least six (6) months of prior forklift operator experience
- Ability to wok the following shifts: day swing shift (5:30am-2pm), swing shift (1:30pm-10pm) or grave shift (9:30pm-6am)
What Will Put You Ahead (Preferred):
· One (1) year or more of experience driving and operating a forklift
· Prior experience in a production, industrial and/or manufacturing environment
· Prior experience loading/off-loading flatbeds from the side
- Prior experience using a Hyster 155 series forklift (or similar to)
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate's knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
Posted about 3 hours ago
North Wales, Pennsylvania
Posted about 3 hours ago
San Diego, California
Posted about 2 hours ago