What you can expect:
Are you an actuary with strong technical skills who would like to expand their knowledge of risk analysis and capital modeling, collaborate with colleagues and clients, and influence key decision makers throughout the industry? If so, the Vice President role within the North American Strategic Advisory group at Guy Carpenter ("GC") may be for you.
You will evaluate clients' risk profiles, create capital models, analyze capital efficiency under different scenarios, develop materials for clients, and present your results to clients and colleagues. Additionally, you will collaborate with actuaries, data scientists, data engineers, insurance subject matter experts, clients, and stakeholders from other internal groups to design, improve, and expand advisory products in the capital solutions space. These products assist our clients with risk quantification, risk tolerance analysis, capital adequacy, and capital efficiency.
Candidates should be independent and motivated, be an effective written and verbal communicator, and have a strong actuarial foundation.
We'll count on you to:
What's in it for you?
- Consult with brokers on client's needs and advise on reinsurance program, ERM, Growth, and Capital Strategy based on risk tolerance level and industry trends to help clients mitigate risk.
- Act as lead advisory colleague on medium sized, less complex books of business.
- Maintain and improve existing python scripts and SQL queries that analyze company experience and create capital models for peer comparisons and scenario testing.
- In collaboration with internal colleagues, identify underserved risk and capital client needs, develop and deploy related products that can be leveraged effectively across GC's client base and prospects.
- Develop an understanding of the clients' business strategic priorities, risk strategies and risk management needs and provides advice accordingly to successfully serve clients.
- Utilize risk expertise and knowledge of industry and insurance market place to review clients' exposures and loss experience and develop solutions for standard client needs.
- Execute renewal/placement strategies in conjunction with the Placement, Advisory Leader and Client Executive and execute in accordance with client instructions.
- Assist in presentations to prospective clients and develops/suggests innovative solutions to client and client team members to gain new clients and projects.
- Partner with Placement to receive, negotiate and evaluate quotes from carriers to deliver the best options to clients.
- Build and maintain relationships with clients, and is the primary point of contact for day-to-day service needs. Advise clients on industry/regulatory developments that affect loss liabilities which may impact their business.
- Maintain quality in all areas of client deliverables, including monitoring delivery and invoicing to ensure client is satisfied.
- Implement complex MetaRisk analysis and use the model to assess risk and develop pricing and strategies for a range of risk exposures for clients.
- Keep abreast of changing market conditions and contribute to the firm's body of knowledge within product line through active internal communication. Establish and maintain relationships with brokers and clients to support new business development within reinsurance actuarial services.
- Communicate directly with brokers or senior team leaders on client's needs and advise on reinsurance programs based on risk tolerance level and industry trends.
- Check client data for reasonability, sets up experience and exposure rating and shares output in support of reinsurance transaction process.
- Mentor junior team members.
What you need to have:
- A company with a strong Brand and strong results to match.
- Culture of internal mobility, collaboration and valued partnership throughout business.
- Employee Resource Groups, which provide access to leaders, relevant volunteer and mentoring opportunities and interactions with counterparts in industry groups and client organizations.
- Myriad opportunities for volunteerism via various Social Impact partnerships in the community.
- Competitive pay (salary and bonus potential), Full benefits package - starting day one (medical, dental, vision, STI/LTI, life insurance, generous 401k match AND contribution.
- After six months, eligible for up to $10k tuition reimbursement per year and participation in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
- Eligible to participate in actuarial student program
What makes you stand out?
- Bachelor's degree required
- ACAS or FCAS designation
- 5-10 years of applicable experience
- Substantial insurance industry experience/expertise (reinsurer, insurance carrier or consulting firm)
- Exposure to different insurance business units and strategy
- Excellent communication skills; verbal and written
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office suite, e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to develop strong client relationships
- Comfortable working in interactive teams with brokers, clients, etc.
- Ability to lead day to day parts of the project and make decisions to keep projects moving forward
- Strong problem solving skills
- Python experience
- SQL experience
- PowerBI or other visualization software experience
- Reinsurance experience
Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC is a leading global risk and reinsurance specialist with more than 3,100 professionals in over 60 offices around the world. Guy Carpenter delivers a powerful combination of broking expertise, trusted strategic advisory services and industry-leading analytics to help clients adapt to emerging opportunities and achieve profitable growth. Guy Carpenter is a business of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), the world's leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. The company's 75,000 colleagues advise clients in over 130 countries. With annualized revenue approaching $17 billion, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment through four market-leading companies including Marsh, Mercer and Oliver Wyman. For more information, visit www.guycarp.com and follow Guy Carpenter on LinkedIn and Twitter @GuyCarpenter
#LI-KS1 #reinsurance #actuary #actuaries
This job has expired.