Executes as well as creates store decorations and visual merchandising for seasonal, special and promotional events. Maintains
store merchandise display and presentations through training and developing Merchandise associates. Acquires, prepares,
installs, strikes stores existing and new materials for the stores visual merchandise displays in support of planned designs and
projects. Maintain effective communication with employees and management and assist with special projects as assigned.
Ability to maintain confidential information in an appropriate manner.
Ability to work with little or no direct supervision.
Ability to effectively present information in one‑on‑one and small group situations to guests and other employees of the
Ability to design, develop and maintain a visual merchandising program that includes store displays and display windows
such that it promotes product awareness and sales.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and
decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to read, write, speak and understand English at a level sufficient to follow written policies and procedures; complete
a variety of basic forms; and interact with guests including understanding and responding to specific questions.
** This position requires the following education and experience, or an equivalent combination of both:
Associate's Degree (2 year College or Tech School) Visual Merchandising or Business Related
2 ‑ 4 Years Related Experience
At Least 18 Years of Age
Ability to meet Knott’s Berry Farm’s attendance requirements as outlined in Knott's Berry Farm’s attendance policy.
Must have strong Interpersonal skills, including written and oral communications.
Be creative, imaginative and energetic.
Minimum of 2 years experience in visual merchandise display, merchandise facility layout and lighting.
Ability to work nights, weekends and holiday periods to meet business needs.
Ability to pass a mandatory (or random) drug test, per Company policy, unless prohibited by state or provincial law.
Ability to pass a background check, if 18 years of age or older, which may include, but is not limited to, credit, criminal, DMV,
previous employment, education and personal references, per Company policy, unless prohibited by federal, state, or provincial
- Researchs lifestyle and design trends, makes sure designs appeal to target audience.
- Works with management, marketing and buying team to develop themes and colour schemes for displays.
- Sketches designs and develops floor plans.
- Sources materials, props, retail fixtures, and lighting.
- Installs & dismantles displays; trains employees on creating and maintaining display and statements.
- Prepares visual merchandise packs for stores; makes sure all displays present a consistent image.
- Walks and communicates department status to managers on an on going basis, including any other unusual situations.
- Maintains store displays through training and developing merchandise associates daily.
- Provides guest service according to Cedar Fair standards when serving the guest or working with subordinates, including
initiating guest interactions, answering questions and giving directions.
- Maintains cleanliness and safety in assigned work area and performs all duties in compliance with Cedar Fair Safety
guidelines and requirements and reports all unsafe or unusual conditions to supervision.