Meta is seeking Visiting Researchers through a short-term contract to join Meta AI. About Meta AI: We are committed to advancing the field of artificial intelligence by making fundamental advances in scientific methods and technologies to help interact with and understand our world. We are seeking individuals passionate in areas such as deep learning, computer vision, audio and speech processing, natural language processing, machine learning, reinforcement learning, and computational statistics. This position is short-term employment for PhD students during the academic school year who will work in collaboration with Meta and The University of Edinburgh and requires the student to work onsite in the Meta office. The position will be full time during 2023.
Visiting Researcher Responsibilities:
- Perform research to advance compilers and operating systems through the application of machine learning.
- Influence progress of relevant research communities by producing publications.
- Collaborate and increase productivity on existing research projects.
- Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining, a PhD degree in a technical field such as Computer Science.
- Knowledge in Machine Learning.
- Knowledge in compilers.
- Knowledge in machine learning for compilers.
- Knowledge in programming language design.
- Knowledge in program synthesis and generation.
- Must obtain work authorization in the country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment.
- Experience building systems based on machine learning and/or deep learning methods.
- Research and software engineer experience demonstrated via an internship, work experience, coding competitions, or open-source contributions.
- Knowledge in Python, C++, C, OpenCL.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.