Do you want to work for a global company that creates remarkable experiences through people, products, and food? If you want to be part of a rewarding People First culture that values relationships, trust, and taking the long view, then this is the place for you. Henny Penny was named the 2021 Dayton Business of the Year for many good reasons. Read on to learn more!
Reporting to the Chief People Officer (CPO), the VP, Total Rewards (VP, TR) will be an experienced and strategic leader who has a passion for driving Benefits, Compensation, and Recognition Strategy. The VP, TR will design, develop, implement, and execute Total Rewards cutting-edge, best practice methodology, tools, processes, systems, and programs to drive an integrated approach to Total Rewards and will institutionalize how Henny Penny approaches the employee value proposition to address the whole employee and their respective needs throughout the entire employee life-cycle (hire to retire) to deliver long-term sustained positive Employee Experiences.
What We Offer
What You'll Be Doing
- An opportunity to work for a company that is 100% employee-owned. As an employee-owner, you will be enrolled in our employee stock ownership plan (ESOP) program following one year of service. This is a qualified retirement plan that is separate from your 401k and consists only of Henny Penny shares that will be paid out when you retire (or when you leave the company, but we hope you'll stay)
- Annual company performance bonus in addition to base salary
Flexibility to work from home 2 days per week and from our new engineering office in The Manhattan Building in the heart of Dayton's downtown thriving business community (must be local or willing to relocate)
- Defined career paths so you'll always know what's next and what steps can get where you want to go
- Professional development opportunities including tuition reimbursement and unlimited free access to LinkedIn Learning courses
- A competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, PTO, and paid holidays
Onsite wellness clinic offering preventive care services such as wellness screenings, annual physicals, and related lab work at no cost to employee-owners
- Activities including department outings, holiday parties, and our annual company-wide Thanksgiving Dinner
What We're Looking For
- Develop and implement sustainable and compelling strategic vision for Total Rewards.
- Set and maintain Total Rewards framework, guidance, standards, and best practices.
- Educate/embed a Compensation, Benefits, and Employee Recognition culture and mindset as an essential element of the Employee Experience for a best place to work and grow.
- Lead the strategy, communications, and ensures compliance of all Total Rewards programs, policies, and processes.
- Lead the innovation of the design and implementation of a Compensation Philosophy to ensure fairness, equity, competitiveness (internally and externally) as it relates to base salary, short and long-term incentives, and total cash compensation.
- Lead the innovation of the design and implementation of a benefits, (health and welfare, 401k/retirement, voluntary benefits) as well as a Recognition) strategy.
- Develop simple tools to use for recruiters, candidates, and employees to effectively communicate all aspects of a Total Rewards Compensation Package.
- Partner with CPO, CFO and Communications function to effectively articulate the value story of HPs compensation, benefits, and recognition programs.
- Lead successful annual compensation planning including but not limited to execution of base salary, bonus, short- and long-term incentives, benefits and all related communications and administration.
- Provide thought leadership to the business on compensation issues including executive compensation, new hire packages, performance recognition, incentive plans, retention arrangements and overall compensation structure.
- Establish and maintain alignment between Performance Management and future Succession Planning processes and pay programs.
- Partner cross-functionally and externally on current and future equity programs; ensuring that they are competitive, and administration is set to scale globally.
- Align with leadership, including all C-suite executives, Legal and the Compensation Committee of the Board of Directors on strategic plans for Executive Compensation.
- Provide consultation, education, and recommendations on concerns/issues pertaining to employee wellness and wellbeing.
- Lead and administer departmental fiscal operations in the area of space/facilities, equipment, and other pertinent resources.
- Evaluate, develop, interpret, and implement policies and procedures regarding employee Total Rewards to ensure compliance with all applicable policies, regulations, accreditation standards, and laws.
- Consistently demonstrates company values and expected behaviors.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Human Resources, or a related field. Master's Degree in Business or related field Preferred.
- 10+ years' experience leading, developing, and executing Total Rewards (compensation, benefits, and recognition) department.
- Ability to demonstrate and articulate the business, value proposition, and ROI of Total Rewards.
- Robust analytical and strong strategic agility, vision, and organizational savvy in all aspects of Total Rewards.
- Proven history/record delivering results from a Total Rewards vantagepoint.
- Must have a level of comfort with ambiguity.
- High-level of integrity and stellar judgment.
- Strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Executive presence
We're known in our industry for making the best commercial food equipment in the world. Every day, millions of people eat in restaurants operating Henny Penny equipment. We're a behind-the-scenes engine in the world's most demanding kitchens, including long-term partners like McDonald's, Chick-fil-A, KFC, and Wendy's. We're 1,000+ employee-owners who thrive by living a People First mission: to support employees in becoming the best version of themselves both personally and professionally.
We recently completed the largest expansion in our history with the addition of 150,000 square feet on our Eaton campus. This expansion drives development of the world's most reliable, easy-to-use equipment with an innovative new space for global research and development. We have several collaborative spaces for our project teams, a dedicated electrical engineering lab for our hardware and software engineers, a full model shop for rapid prototyping, and a brand-new test lab that has 300 feet of hood space to test new equipment on our product roadmap. On top of that, we have a new state-of-the-art kitchen for our food science group to meet with our customers, understand what they need, and then dial in our equipment to help them make legendary menu items.
Henny Penny is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability or handicap, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and pregnancy-related conditions), marital status, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
This job has expired.