Learning and growing with NPD
Combining consumer surveys, retail point-of-sale data, and cutting-edge analytics, The NPD Group delivers trusted retail industry research to the world's most successful brands and retailers. We also offer careers that reward innovation and provide growth opportunities for forward-thinking problem-solvers who join our team. Speed your career growth, while working with the best and brightest in the market research industry.
The NPD Group is a global leader in Food industry market research and analytics, and we continue to invest in the global alignment of our products to better serve our clients and achieve efficiencies across our Food Practice. As Vice President of NPD's Global Food Alliance, you will join NPD's Product organization to enable the alignment success of our Food Product Management teams around the world. In this role you will work to develop, coordinate, and execute strategic projects that span the Americas, Europe/UK, and Asia Pacific in collaboration with our Food Product Management leaders in each of those regions.
Specifically, you will take point on managing global initiatives that touch on all three regions and support globally aligned data collection, data management, and product delivery. You'll ensure that our teams across regions are aligned on product roadmaps, pricing, packaging, and other global go-to-market activities, as well as provide frameworks for annual planning cycles.
The ideal candidate will have experience in
- consumer panel research
- product management, especially with information/data products and services
- working effectively with global teams
- managing in a matrixed environment
- leading major technology initiatives
- developing successful go-to-market strategies and plans.
Direct experience with the Foodservice and Food industries is highly desirable.Responsibilities:
- Manage projects that pertain to enhancing global data collection, data processing, and/or data delivery capabilities
- Lead strategic planning exercises with global product managers to evaluate business performance, develop product roadmaps
- Facilitate and coordinate the introduction of product enhancements in local markets that achieve global relevance and data synchronization
- Work with regional product managers and commercial teams to coordinate ongoing product upgrades, global pricing, packaging, and go-to-market activities, and execution of other strategies set by each regional Food Product team
- Coordinate with global Product and Commercial teams to plan and execute needs assessments for global clients
- Partner with regional Product Management teams to evaluate and develop white-space opportunities that cross multiple regions
- Experience in the consumer research and data industry, ideally through experience in and/or exposure to companies such as NPD Group, Nielsen, Kantar, Numerator, or IRI
- Strong agile project management skills, especially as it relates to successful delivery of projects around survey design, data hierarchy design, user experience design, and data management
- Experience with business uses and derived insights from consumer surveys
- Experience or familiarity with the global Food industry, especially pertaining to data needs
- Multi-lingual speaker a benefit (English, French, Spanish, Italian, German, Russian preferred languages)
- Strong strategic planning skills as evidenced by financial, white space, and industry analysis
- Able to drive projects and lead in a matrixed environment
- Ability to develop engaging and impactful presentations that deliver strategic insight, tell a compelling story, and persuade an executive audience
- Passionately curious, lifelong learner
- Experience working with global teams
The NPD Group, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.