Lasko Products, an industry leader in the design and manufacture of portable fans and heaters for over 100 years, is seeking a Value Based Engineering (VBE/VAVE) Program Manager to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for establishing and then leading a process for VBE that will track all VBE business initiatives. You will track VBE project status, ideas, and will provide status updates to leadership. You will work closely with the cross-functional teams in R&D, Engineering, Manufacturing, Operations, Sales, and Marketing to manage projects, and generate new ideas.
The VBE Program Manager will lead the company's value initiatives to ensure they are completed on time and on budget. This position requires excellent project management skills and the ability to effectively work with others across the organization. This person should be a self-motivated individual with a strong work ethic that has experience with managing complex projects across various functions including Operations and Product Development.
Personal and Leadership Qualities
- Controls project scope, schedule and cost. Ensures that blueprint plan is being followed with each project.
- Coordinate program changes or potential program changes to the baseline and ensures the approved changes are communicated and implemented.
- Provides thought leadership to the creation of project plans and facilitates workout sessions and key meetings. Aids in selection of success metrics for proof of concepts, pilots, and rollouts.
- Determines and documents project issues/risks and tracks timely mitigation/resolution.
- Interact and influence regularly with key stakeholders including senior executives.
- Create and implement a VBE process to track and prioritize VBE projects and initiatives. This process will include an on-going generation of opportunities to be prioritized within the funnel of projects.
- Plans and manages project communications with key stakeholders to keep them informed as well as escalate critical issues for timely resolution.
- At the completion of a project or project phase, captures key lessons learned and communicates to PMO and business. Effectively applies lessons learned in subsequent projects.
- Develops project charter and management plan for both internal and external team members.
- Defines and sequences activities including duration and overall project schedule; ensures focus on key dependencies and control schedule.
- Assists with the development of cross functional, cross-company project team; provides input leadership and direction when project scope or timing changes.
KPI's of which the Sr. Program Manager will be measured by:
- Demonstrated success in strong execution and implementation of innovation solutions
- Ability to quickly synthesize large amounts of information into actionable plans
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and attention to detail
- Passionate about bringing people of all disciplines (engineering, sales, marketing, supply chain, finance) together to capture opportunities and/or solve problems that have the greatest chance of overall success.
- Excellent project management skills, with ability to prioritize and meet deadlines with acute attention to detail.
- Schedule Attainment
- VBE Initiative Attainment
- Resource Capacity
- Bachelor's Degree required; an MBA is a plus
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant project management - product development experience including experience participating on project-oriented teams. 3 years' experience in VBE or VAVE project management preferred.
- PMP certification is preferred
- Advanced proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, SmartSheets or MS Project and Word; ERP experience is preferred.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally as needed.
Lasko Products is an equal employment opportunity employer. We attract and retain the best qualified people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, individuals with disability or veteran status as provided by law. Lasko Products is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)