Job ID: []
Ash Grove Cement, a CRH company, provides portland and masonry cements to help build the foundation and infrastructure for the world around us. We ship millions of tons of cement from our plants and network of terminals located across the Midwest, Texas and Western United States. When you work for Ash Grove, you are connecting to something bigger. Join our team and help Ash Grove build America.
Essential Job Functions
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Performs general clean-up duties using a shovel, broom, chipping hammer, jack hammer, concrete saw, walk-behind skid steer, wheelbarrow, sledge hammer and motorized sweepers, and vacuum truck. (As needed)
- Assists in removing and installing refractory lining in the kiln, preheat tower, coolers, and other related plant equipment. (As needed)
- Performs cleaning of plant and mobile equipment including the following but not limited to: unplugging chutes and silo feeders; cleaning the inside of dust collectors and tower cyclones using water and air hoses; and unplugging preheat tower vessels, feed pipes, conveyor drags, augers, belt conveyors and troughing rolls. (As needed)
- Cleans building roofs and removes snow when necessary. Occasionally cleans drain ditches and catch basins. Uses shovels and an air lance to perform these duties. (As needed)
- Assists in screening grinding balls and recharging mill grinding ball load. (As needed)
- Performs janitorial and ground keeping duties which include, but are not limited to changing air conditioner filters, mowing, weeding, fertilizing, watering and trimming. (As needed)
- Performs vacation relief, fills other positions as needed performs other duties as assigned by Shift Supervisor or Production Manager. (as needed)
- Operate mobile equipment: Forklift, Dump Truck, Bobcat, front-end loader, haul truck, water truck, sweeper, backhoe, and man lift.
- Observes all safety rules and keeps work areas clean. (continuous)
Ability to safely and effectively use and operate a shovel, broom, chipping hammer, walk-behind skid steer, concrete saw, loader, motorized sweeper, brick saw, water hose, air hose, sledgehammer, air lance and other equipment as assigned while performing job duties. Ability to read and understand warning labels, instructions and signs.
Work involves walking over rough surfaces, climbing 20-foot ladders, climbing stairs, bending pushing, pulling, working in an awkward position and in confined spaces, and lifting materials weighting to 50 pounds. Education
High School diploma or GED Experience
Two or more years' experience working in a related manufacturing organization (preferred) Working Conditions
Exposure to dust, loud noise, heat, dirt, high elevations of up to 225 feet, and all weather conditions. Normal operation of mobile equipment may result in jarring and vibratory exposure. About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Ash Grove Cement is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Date Posted: Aug 17, 2021 Nearest Major Market:
Dallas Nearest Secondary Market:
Fort Worth Job Segment:
Architecture, Warehouse, Forklift, Front End, Engineering, Manufacturing, Technology
This job has expired.