Job ID: 2112179
Location: EGLIN AFB , FL , US
Date Posted: 2021-08-16
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Field Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No
SAIC is seeking an Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator to support our operations at Eglin AFB, FL.
- Operating and maintaining Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS).
- Planning and executing ground and flight test plans.
- Conducting post-flight analysis of flight logs.
- Coordinating with engineering team and safety team.
Education & Experience:
- Bacheors and two (2) years or more experience. Technical degree or experience in lieu of.
- Experience with USAF flight approval procedures and safety regulations.
- The successful applicant should have an FAA Part 107 License or be eligible to acquire.
- The successful applicant should have previous UAS Operator experience with verifiable flight time/flight logs.
- The successful applicant should have experience with multi-rotor and fixed wing group 1 and group 2 UAS.
- The successful applicant should have basic knowledge of electrical test equipment such as multi-meters and oscilloscopes.
- The successful applicant should have basic knowledge of UAS sensors.
- The successful applicant should have the ability to work hands-on with electro-mechanical systems, to include assembly, disassembly, testing, and troubleshooting.
- The successful applicant should have experience in integrating, operating, and tuning autopilots on a variety of unmanned vehicles.
- The successful applicant should have experience modifying the autopilots to take in different and new guidance and control requests from new non-COTS sensors. For example, flexibility in determining heading, heading rate, altitude rate, velocity etc.
- The successful applicant should have experience with Robot Operating System (ROS) programming language.
- The successful applicant must be able to work effectively both within a team and individually.
- Active Secret clearance, and/or must be eligible to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com
or Working at SAIC
for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.
This job has expired.