Unit Coordinator Schedule
- Thursday - Sunday (11pm-7am), rotational holiday schedule
- Night and Weekend Shift Differential.
- Full comprehensive benefits for this Sign-on Bonus eligible position
Are you a compassionate, dedicated individual who is detail-oriented and has great interpersonal skills? Are you comfortable acting as the primary source of information between patients and the hospital's health care providers? Can you thrive in a high-volume atmosphere where you handle a mix of tasks such as, coordinating services for many individuals and transcribing medical charts accurately and promptly?
If so, you may be a good fit for New England's premier Medical Center: The Massachusetts General Hospital.
As a Unit Coordinator, you will play a critical role in patient care by serving as the central source of information by communicating with patients, families and medical staff. You will transcribe medical charts for patients to ensure that all of their medical treatments and procedures are carried out. The position requires a high degree of accuracy and strong communications skills. To fill this position, we are looking for:
• Individuals who are highly organized and can prioritize and manage information in a demanding environment
• Talented and compassionate communicators who manage patient records according to order, completeness, integrity, confidentiality and security
• People who thrive in a fast-paced environment where accuracy, professionalism and customer service skills are required
• Effective coordinators who can arrange for patient services between multiple departmentsQualifications
If this sounds like a job for you, we'd love to hear from you. But first, please make sure you have the following:
• High School Diploma or GED; Associate Degree preferred
• Medical or health care experience desirable, but willing to train otherwise qualified candidates.
• Basic computer skills and the ability to learn new systems and procedures
• Effective interpersonal and communication skills
• Strong customer service orientation and the ability to interact with diverse groups of patients, staff and providers
• Demonstrated ability to solve basic patient and practice problems.
Only candidates who meet all of these requirements will be considered.EEO Statement
Massachusetts General Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. Applications from protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged.
This job has expired.