PURPOSE OF YOUR JOB DESCRIPTION:
The primary purpose of your job is to perform all patient exams with the highest degree of skill, fully utilizing all Ultrasound equipment.
DELEGATION OF AUTHORITY:
As a Sonographer, you are delegated the administrative authority, responsibility and accountability necessary for carrying out your assigned duties.
Every effort has been made to make your job description as complete as possible. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or is a logical assignment to the position.
Produces the expected levels of production (volume) at reasonable speeds and on schedule.
Properly secures stretcher for patient safety; attends to the physical safety of patients and staff.
Uses a double identifier and patient ID bracelet to confirm patient identity.
Assures all areas are clean and orderly and supplies are maintained for all exams and procedures.
Provides all services to patients and visitors in a courteous and professional manner.
Cooperates and promotes team efforts with co-workers and members of the hospital staff.
Utilizes departmental and hospital information systems as necessary for patient care.
Exercises initiative and actively participates in the reception area, film library, and transport functions.
Improves performance through education; maintains required continuing education credits.
Provides patient care appropriately to the following age groups:
1. Neonate - Birth to 1 month.
2. Infant - 1 month to 1 year.
3. Early Childhood - 1 year to 5 years.
4. Late Childhood - 5 years to 12 years.
5. Adolescence - 13 years to 17 years.
6. Young Adult - 18 years - 25 years.
7. Adult - 26 years - 54 years.
8. Senior Adult - 55 years to 64 years.
9. Geriatric - 64 years and older
• Equal to the completion of a two-year AMA approved Radiologic Technology program and one year of clinical training in Ultrasound scanning techniques in a Joint Commission facility
• BLS certified
• 5+ years experience with abd, OB, and Vascular
• Able to work independently and efficiently in a fast paced environment
Martha's Vineyard Hospital and Windemere Nursing & Rehabilitation Center are Equal Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law.
Posted about 5 hours ago
Posted 41 minutes ago
Posted 41 minutes ago
Provide an email, zip code for jobs, and/or job category to subscribe to job alerts. Learn more now.