The Department of Family Medicine at the University of Iowa Hospital & Clinics is seeking 50 - 100% (20 - 40 hours a week) Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioners (ARNP) to perform direct patient care, including diagnostic and therapeutic services within our Walk-in Clinics. The ARNP will exercise autonomy in medical decision making and services provided. The ARNP will also assist in educating healthcare students, as they rotate through the respective departments and divisions and will assist in research endeavors as appropriate. UI Walk-in Clinics provide care to try to save our patients a trip to the emergency room. We're open evenings, weekends, and even some holidays. Our clinics are responsible to assess a wide variety of patients from newborn to geriatric and ensures patient care standards are met and provides access to additional care options not normally found at your traditional walk-in clinic including X-rays, IV fluids, and stitches. This position is part of a dynamic and fast paced environment, rich with opportunities for learning and growth. We utilize a multidisciplinary approach to patient care that encourages teamwork between multiple disciplinary team to provide the most comprehensive care to our patients. We have several locations throughout the corridor area to provide convenience for our patients to find one near where they live or work. This position reports to the Medical Director within the UI Community Clinics and Lead APP within UI Community Clinics.
#ARNP #NP #WalkinClinics #UICC #UIHC #changingmedicine
WE CARE Values:
- Provide medical care and management for patients, exercising autonomy in medical decision-making and services provided for the Quick Care Clinics.
- Function independently to plan, deliver, and evaluate health care for populations with urgent care needs.
- Assess, diagnose and treat medical or surgical problems, as well as, perform therapeutic procedures such as suturing and care of wounds, removal of foreign bodies, ear and eye irrigation.
- Assist in arranging for continued care such as but not limited to: transfer to Emergency Treatment Center or follow up with primary care provider or specialty consultations as needed.
Welcoming - We strive for an environment where everyone has a voice that is heard, that promotes the dignity of our patients, trainees, and employees, and allows all to thrive in their health, work, research, and education.
Excellence - We aim to achieve and deliver our personal and collective best in the pursuit of quality and accessible healthcare, education, and research.
Collaboration - We encourage collaboration with healthcare systems, providers, and communities across Iowa and the region, as well as within our UI community. We believe teamwork - guided by compassion - is the best way to work.
Accountability - We behave ethically, act with fairness and integrity, take responsibility for our own actions, and respond when errors in behavior or judgment occur.
Respect - We are committed to ensuring that UI Health Care is an inclusive environment where individuals from the full spectrum of diversity - which includes identity, backgrounds, cultures, ability and perspective -feel safe, seen, and valued.
Equity - We dedicate ourselves to equity and fairness in research, health care, education and health.
https://hr.uiowa.edu/pay/plans Benefits Highlights:
Percent of Time: 50 - 100% (20 - 40 hours per week)Schedule:
- Regular salaried position located in Iowa City / Corridor area
The University of Iowa offers a generous benefits package, including double match retirement plan, paid holiday, vacation, and sick leave. Complete information regarding the full benefits package may be viewed at:https://hr.uiowa.edu/benefits/fpsm.
Variable work hours between 7:00 AM - 9:00 PM Monday through Friday, and Saturday and Sunday 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM, rotating weekend and holiday time, no on-call time.Locations:
Coralville, IA and surrounding locations (as needed)Position Qualifications Education Required:
ARNP: Master's degree is required. A Master's degree in Nursing is preferred. If Master's degree is in a related field, a Baccalaureate degree in nursing is required. Certifications:
- Current license to practice in Iowa is required. Current certification in specialty area and licensure as an ARNP in the state of Iowa is required.
- FNP Certification.
- Demonstrated experience in area of clinical practice
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage acutely ill patient population (of all ages) within a highly functioning unit/department.
- Proved capacity to function with a high degree of autonomy while actively collaborating within a multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated experience working effectively in a diverse environment.
- Current valid driver's license and the ability to meet the University Driving Policy Standards.
- Minimum 1 year of ARNP experience within acute patient care experience within Emergency Department, Urgent Care and/or Walk-In Clinic area(s).
- Some knowledge of University policies and procedures.
- Comfortable with technology and leveraging video, or the desire to learn.
In order to be considered, applicants must upload resumeand plain text cover letter
that clearly address how they meet the listed required and desired qualifications of this position. Job openings are posted for a minimum of 14 calendar days. This job may be removed from posting and filled any time after the minimum posting period has ended.
For questions or additional information, please contact Jennifer Allen at: Jennifer-L-Allen@uiowa.edu. Successful candidates will be required to self-disclose any conviction history and will be subject to a criminal background check.
This position is not eligible for University sponsorship for employment authorization.
The department intends to hire for one position from either Physician Assistant, requisition 23004105, or Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner, requisition 23004106, based on the qualifications of the successful candidate. Please apply to the specific position for which you wish to be considered or both.
- Classification Title: Advanced Reg Nurse Prac
- Appointment Type: SEIU
- Schedule: Full-time
This job has expired.
- Organization: Healthcare
- Contact Name: Jennifer Allen
- Contact Email: Jennifer-L-Allen@uiowa.edu