Primary Purpose of Position:
Provides administrative support for the general accounting function as directed
- Assists in the performance of the accounting compliance review function for the Concur travel and expense reporting system.
- Assists employees with Concur questions and issues and provides support in the weekly monitoring of Concur manager review queues, create queues, receipt hold queues, and unattached transactions.
- Files and archives expense report files.
- Prepares AMEX reconciliations for current and terminated employees.
- Assists in the testing and troubleshooting of Concur system upgrades.
- Prints, distributes, and files monthly departmental statements, trial balances, and income statements.
- Prepares audit support for auditors.
- Enter new customer data and maintain existing customer data into the ERP system and Manufacturing system. Work with the sales team and AR team to ensure all fields are complete.
- Enter new vendor data and maintain existing vendor data in the ERP and Manufacturing system. Work with vendors and the AP team so ensure all fields are complete.
- Run reporting to ensure and that the Customer master and Vendor master are complete.
- Correspond with the IRS to ensure that all new vendors tax identification numbers are valid. Scan and store 1099s in the designated archive.
- Assist the Accounts payable team with scanning invoice and entering invoices for payment.
- Serve as the backup for the Concur T&E reimbursements.
- Assist AP team with vendor payment research and assist with vendor questions.
- Support corporate and field team members in timely and accurate completion of assigned tasks or projects.
- Serve as a backup to the AR and Cash Applications position.
- Interface with auditors as needed.
- Builds and maintains a working relationship with outside vendors and customers.
- Builds and maintains a working relationship with our plant management teams.
- Handles all credit applications for outside vendors.
- Other duties and projects as required for success of the department
At Sonoco Metal Packaging, we offer a comprehensive, total rewards package including Competitive pay and Benefits package options:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage, paid vacation and holidays to recreate, rejuvenate and care for the health of yourself and family
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Variety of company paid and voluntary insurance plans including life, personal accident and disability insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
Sonoco Metal Packaging is proud to provide equal employment opportunity to individuals regardless of race, ethnicity, color, creed, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, protected disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal or local law.
- Working knowledge of all aspects of general accounting.
- Proven record of success building solid relationships.
- Able to work independently and be self-motivated, while collaborating in a team environment.
- Willingness to support corporate initiatives and motivate the team.
- Excellent attention to detail and deadlines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexibility and desire to work in a fast-paced and evolving organization.
- Proven computer proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft applications including but not limited to MS Outlook, MS Office, and general accounting software.
- Experience with Concur expense reimbursement software, Microsoft D365 accounting and AP system a plus.
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college or work-related experience
- Job related experience for 3 year(s) minimum
- Ability to apply standard evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard accounting techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Must be able to handle sensitive related and proprietary information in a confidential manner.
- Ability to work independently within parameters set by management.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
At Sonoco Metal Packaging, we offer a comprehensive total rewards package, including competitive pay and benefits: Compensation: The annual base salary range for this role is from $55,000 to $65,000, plus annual target bonus of 3% of base salary. An annual bonus is awarded to eligible employees upon attaining various business and individual goals as defined by Sonoco Metal Packaging and the department leader. This annual bonus is discretionary, and Sonoco Metal Packaging has sole discretion to determine the amount of the award.
* Medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents, including FSA and HSA options * 401(k) retirement plan with company match * Wellbeing tools and resources to support holistic health, including an Employee Assistance Program with a variety of services * Paid time off and holidays to recreate, rejuvenate and care for the health of yourself and family * Variety of company paid and voluntary employee-paid insurance plans including life, personal accident and disability insurance * Tuition reimbursement
"Sonoco Metal Packaging is the leading supplier of sustainable metal packaging for food and household products and the largest aerosol manufacturer in North America.
Previously Ball Metalpack we're a company with 130 years of experience, and we're proud to continue our legacy as an industry leader in innovative, next-generation packaging solutions.
We strongly believe that a diverse work team and inclusive culture drive better business results. We invite people of all backgrounds, beliefs and perspectives to consider joining our 1,100+ team members in one of our 9 locations across the U.S. heartland."
Sonoco Metal Packaging is a Lean Manufacturing System environment.