Join the Hostess Brands Team and help us inspire moments of JOY for our customers, consumers, stakeholders, and each other!
The Transportation Specialist ensures goods and materials move through the supply chain to their intended destination in a timely and efficient manner through the utilization of both internal (SAP) and external (TMS) systems. The role will support carrier and broker management and monitoring, carrier and broker performance, and accessorial charge validation. The role will also support the Transportation Manager and Director of Transportation and Logistics Planning. This role is viewed as a key member of the team that helps drive day to day transportation execution. The Specialist, Transportation works within Transportation but has frequent collaborative interactions with the entire end to end supply chain including Demand and Supply Planning, Customer Service, and Distribution.
Key Functions and Accountabilities include:
- Initiate email and verbal follow-up with carriers and brokers for missed pickup and delivery appointments.
- Resolve order and shipment issues/inquiries with internal (customer service, distribution, etc.) and external sources (carriers, brokers, third-party warehouses, vendors, etc.).
- Support carrier and broker performance scorecard distribution.
- Research and validate customer deductions or fines resulting from missed delivery appointments.
- Research and validate excessive accessorial charges including unloading (lumper), detention, and layover charges.
- Support carrier and broker management which includes ensuring correct carrier and/or broker contracts, Federal Department of Transportation (DOT) operating authority, W-9, and insurance certificates are electronically saved and filed, contact database is kept current, and carrier safety watch is initiated.
- Identify processes improvements that help eliminate waste or drive efficiencies.
- Support operational needs by processing proof of delivery (POD) requests and other administrative tasks as needed.
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum three years of experience as of Distribution Network Analyst required.
- Strong analytical skills and an eye for continuous improvement.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Capable of setting priorities and managing multiple issues/inquiries simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Basic understanding of DOT, state, and local regulations and the ability to apply and communicate these regulations.
- Previous experience using Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, logistics, supply chain, or a related field or High school diploma or GED with two to three years' experience in the transportation/logistics industry required.
- Travel to our bakery locations, distribution centers, third party vendors/suppliers, and/or other onsite needs is on an annual basis, and as needed.
This job operates in a manufacturing environment. The noise level in the work environment and manufacturing sites can be loud.Physical Demands
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Please see current job safety analysis.Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position.
Hostess Brands, LLC is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider candidates regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, and encourage minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Upon request, Hostess Brands, LLC will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified applicant.
About Us: Hostess Brands is a leading sweet snacks company that makes, markets, and distributes our delicious treats throughout North America.
Our approximately 2,600 employees put their hearts in everything they do, inspiring moments of joy by baking new and classic snacks including Hostess® Donettes®, Twinkies®, CupCakes, Ding Dongs® and Zingers®, as well as a variety of Voortman® cookies and wafers.
This job has expired.