A Tradesperson Class 2 completes detailed tasks associated with the manufacturing and handling of cable and equipment based on training and procedures. This includes, but is not limited to, working in the Cable Handling area, as well as working in the Cable Handling and Assembly area. This position may lead the work of others within the area.
Schedules : 4 Days on 4 Days off - Nights 7:00 PM-7:00 AM
Duties and Responsibilities (*Indicates an Essential Function)
- *Leads and communicates with team members in a positive manner.
- *Physically handles cable and inserts it into large holding pans.
- *Winds copper onto reels.
- *Performs first level visual inspection, identifying errors and reports issues to appropriate personnel.
- *Follows verbal and written instruction and is accountable for his/her actions.
- *Follows safety guidelines (PPE, etc.) and demonstrates safe work practices.
- Adheres to the safety and quality standards (goals and metrics) of the organization while working within a team environment. This includes operating x-ray equipment.
- *Accepts increased responsibility and is accountable for his/her actions.
- *Maintains timely and accurate production logs.
- *Skilled in a variety of production processes including successfully performing wire welds and cross welds.
- Promotes job and process improvement as it relates to the department (through 5S as well as other improvement initiatives).
- Successfully learns a variety of production processes and performs them safely and proficiently.
- Safely operates various powered industrial equipment such as fork trucks, pallet jacks, aerial lifts, and hoists.
- Responds to multiple production assignments in a timely and efficient manner.
- Overtime may be required, based on business need; regular attendance required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalency required.
- Two or more years of related experience and/or training preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and positive communication style.
- Must be able to pass a mechanical and electrical aptitude test.
- Math skills to include addition, subtraction, multiplication and division in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent.
- Ability to read and interpret hand held measuring equipment such as a metal rule and go/no go gauges.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written and oral instructions.
- Possess the ability to react to changes of responsibility throughout the day.
- Must have the flexibility to respond to multiple assignments.
- Ability to work any shift, including nights and weekends.
- Ability to speak, read and write English fluently.
- Ability to pass a "Fit for Duty" physical exam. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Wear the proper personal protective equipment for each task, including, but not limited to, safety boots, safety glasses, hearing protection, gloves, dust mask, etc.
- Climb up and down from equipment; climb up and down a ladder and work at heights up to 40'.
- Regularly lift and/or move 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move 40 pounds.
- Ability to reach with hands and arms and use hands to finger, or handle objects, tools and controls.
- Ability to stand, walk and climb stairs regularly.
- Ability to bend, squat, stoop, kneel or crouch frequently.
- Ability to talk and/or hear frequently.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to work both indoors and outdoors regularly in all elements.
- Ability to enter into and work within confined space.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts.AFFIRMATIVE ACTION / EQUAL EMPLOYER OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
SubCom is committed to providing a work environment that prohibits discrimination on the basis of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital status, national origin, race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability or any other characteristics protected by applicable law or regulation. Candidates for positions with SubCom must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Employment eligibility verification will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
This job has expired.