Ability to operate on any one of the six Thermoformers generally unassisted. Able to communicate quality issues, complete required documentation, i.e., first piece inspection, production log. Report machine malfunctions and ensure good quality product. Performs work under shift supervisor with final approval by the production manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to learn and operator all six (6) Thermoformers within defined specification without assistance.
- Recognize heating/cooling problems on all machines and report any issues immediately.
- Start up and shut down all Thermoformers unassisted.
- Recognize and perform adjustments as needed without assistance.
- Check oilers on trim press and Thermoformers at shift start and fill as needed.
- Perform roll change with minimal scrap.
- Operate micro phaser and ballerina control panels to obtain readings and make adjustments as needed.
- Read instrumentation gauges to record "heat reading" on each machine.
- Perform quality checks (burning, cold cracking and registration) per roll.
- Learn proper packaging (boxes, poly bags) for each product type.
- Stock packaging material (boxes, poly bags, foam rolls) at beginning of production run.
- Produce product with correct width, gauge, and weight.
- Able to use a fire extinguisher.
- Understand and accurately complete required paperwork: first piece inspection, production log.
- Get assistance to resolve any issues to get machine back in operation.
- Well rounded knowledge of quality of all products.
- Housekeeping, must keep all areas free of debris.
- Ability to recognize and identify problems with machines and/or material via collection of data and interpretation of that data,
- Ability to apply troubleshooting techniques to issues as they arise and seek help when needed.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to differentiate between "good" and "bad" quality.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / REQUIRMENTS:
- Stationary standing: 100% of the shift.
- Walking: 60% of the shift.
- Touching/Handling Product: 100% of the shift.
- Sitting: 5% of the shift.
- Useing Controls/Tools: 10% of the shift.
- Reaching-(Hand & Arm): 75% of the shift.
- Shifting/Twisting/Rotating core: 100% of the shift
- Climb or Balances: 5% of the shift.
- Stoop, Kneel, Crouch or Crawl: 10% of the shift.
- Talk or Hear: 100% of the shift.
- Smell: 5% of the shift.
- Ability to lift: 25 pounds/Max.
- Employees may wear corrective lenses (with protective safety over glasses) PPE or use our Safety Prescription Program (Ask your HR Representative).
- Must have close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The Thermoforming Operator will be responsible for individual compliance with all safety rules, regulations, and policy procedures. Employee's responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Compliance with all facility rules and regulations.
- Report any unsafe practices and/or conditions to their Supervisor.
- Maintain floor safety discipline by interceding with fellow employees, who may engage in rule violations and/or unsafe, unhealthy activities.
- Communicate to Management those employees who persist in violations of safety rules and/or procedures.
- Wear required personal protective equipment (PPE)/properly and reporting any defective PPE.
- Report all near misses, accidents, injuries, including Muscular Skeletal symptoms or disorders.
Employees will be working in a Manufacturing and/or Warehouse environment in all types of weather. Conditions may range from and include : hot, cold, humid, loud, working near airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and forklift traffic.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Powered Industrial Truck Certificate (In house training and licensing).
- Lockout/Tagout Certifications. (In house training and licensing).
845 Kaderly Drive, Columbus, Ohio 43228