Job Location: Hershey, PA
This position is responsible for microbiological media preparation & sample analyses.. Successful candidate will work under general supervision to prepare all the microbiological media needed for in-house testing and, as needed, to perform microbiological tests which require standard procedures and moderately complex instrumentation. Responsibilities include receiving routine food microbiology samples; preparation and analyses; preparation & maintenance of the media inventory and quality control.
Weekend work is required 1x per month
Sample receiving & analyses
- Receive customer samples using Lab Information Management systems (LIMS) for microbiological analyses of ingredients, finished product, and environmental swabs
- Process and communicate accurate microbiological analyses and data
- Prepare the microbiological media & reagents for in-house testing purposes
- Maintain an inventory and well stocked supply of prepared and commercially available microbiological media formats to support testing.
- Maintain necessary controls and documentation related to the preparation of microbiological media
- Coordinate the destruction of samples after results entry
Training & knowledge development
- Attend assigned training & learning projects involving collaboration
- B.S. in Food Science, Microbiology or related field required
- Previous work experience in a microbiology laboratory is preferred Internal or external audit, management consulting or in financial reporting
- Working knowledge and comfort in aseptic technique, microbiological test methods, microbiological media, and autoclave usage
- Ability to follow standard procedures and methods
- Apply working technical knowledge of food microbiology and related sciences, processes and/or instrumentation to identify and recommend control and/or monitoring techniques for food safety and quality
- Ability to work independently
- Proficiency in computer programs / software such as Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, Power Point, LIMS system,
- Knowledge of regulatory and quality system requirements - HACCP, Good Manufacturing Process (GMP), Good laboratory practices (GLP), etc.
- Ability to lift 15-25 pounds.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The policy of The Hershey Company is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other categories protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veterans
This job has expired.