Job Title: Technician-Distribution
*** In State Travel Required. Based in Glendale, AZ******
A field technician handles on-site servicing, diagnostics and repairs for a company's systems or equipment. Field service technicians are responsible for helping clients install, repair, clean and maintain equipment. They could be responsible for showing customers how to use their equipment. This also includes participating in and overseeing all installations, cleaning, maintenance, repair, testing, adjustment, troubleshooting and servicing requirements of field work. Travel is required.
Duties Include, but not limited to:
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting, inspection, and repair of lubricating systems.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Diagnose problems, replace, or repair parts, clean, test and adjust.
- Work with the Project Manager/Lead/Foreman to accomplish the task at hand as requested by the customer.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs, cleaning, flushing of equipment and perform various inspections and diagnosis.
- Carry out various tasks as assigned by supervisor or manager.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Knowledge of proper use of equipment, materials, and supplies used in lubrication services work.
- Ability to work independently and complete daily activities according to work schedule.
- Ability to lift heavy objects, walk, sit, and stand for long periods of time, and perform strenuous physical labor under sometimes adverse field conditions.
- Ability to work well with others in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to remain calm during sometimes stressful or intense situations.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability to use equipment and tools properly and safely.
- Ability to understand, follow and transmit written and oral instructions.
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Vision: minimum vision required to prevent injury from oneself and others
- Hearing: perceiving the nature of sounds with or without correction
- Talking: expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word
- Lifting small weighed objects constantly; 20 pound objects frequently and 50-100 pound objects occasionally
- Climbing ladders, stairs and ramps
- Balancing, pushing and pulling
- Crouching, kneeling, reaching and grasping objects
- Walking: move about inside the office and/or branch facilities as well as airport/travel needs
- Sit/Stand: Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50 percent of the time
- Capable of traveling as required
Attendance Requirements: Attendance on a regular, consistent basis is mandatory, including arriving at the time as scheduled