A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
MilliporeSigma in Burlington, MA is seeking an Analytical Development Technician. The Technician will be responsible for the biophysical and bioanalytical characterization of biological products. In this lab-based position you will be working at the bench performing assays, troubleshooting as well as all relevant activities on analytical methods.
Who you are:Minimum requirements
- Perform analyses including but not limited to CE-SDS, SE-HPLC, cIEF, host cell-DNA (qPCR), HCP, rPA, immunoassay and other biophysical/biochemical methods
- Participate in activities for development, implementation, validation, and tech transfer of analytical methods and pre-formulation study for biological molecules of cDMO projects
- Support upstream and downstream process development
- High School diploma or equivalent with 3+ years' experience in the biopharmaceutical industry or an Associate's degree in Biology, Biotechnology, or other related Scientific discipline
What we offer:
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree in a Scientific discipline
- Experience with good documentation practices, following protocols and batch records
- Knowledge or working experience in bioanalytical and biophysical methods by chromatographic, electrophoretic, and spectroscopic techniques
- Knowledge and understanding of lab environment
- Experience in statistical analysis using Excel or other programs
- Presentation and writing skills
- Results-oriented with ability to work and deliver under pressure
- Knowledge on biotech processes development, and protein purification
- High level of professional responsibility and the ability to take each project from start to finish with follow through with the lead scientist as required
- Initiative to set-up and work to a schedule and be flexible to accommodate occasional weekend/holiday work
- Detail oriented
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Excellent communication skills among group members, group managers, and project coordinators
With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!Curious?
Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
Job Requisition ID: 218635
Career Level: B - Recent University Graduate(< 1 year of experien
Working time model: full-time