Are you looking to shape the future of computing? Facebook Reality Labs (FRL) is bringing together cutting-edge research and engineering to deliver products and experiences for the future of immersive computing and connecting humans with entertainment, information, and each other. Meta Reality Labs is building software for all realities - Augmented or Virtual for billions of users across the globe. Our team is expanding and we're looking for experienced Technical Program Managers (TPM) who will play a key role in defining and driving highly complex, cross-functional features. We are looking for TPMs with a proven track record of developing and shipping high quality products and experiences. This role will have the opportunity to work closely with world-class development teams and leaders across the organization to deliver trustworthy experiences into Meta products (such as Oculus, Portal, Rayban Wayfarer, etc.). There are openings on multiple teams spanning technologies across operating systems, firmware development, and manufacturing and testing of consumer electronics (Software and hardware) to create experiences that engage billions of people.
Technical Program Manager - Virtual Reality Operating Systems Responsibilities:
- Drive platform bring-up and program decisions by leveraging experience with embedded system concepts, hardware and software interfaces, and performance driven design involving Board Support Packages, Android Open Source Project (AOSP), and/or Real Time Operating Systems
- Develop and manage cross-functional programs, facilitating relationships across multiple teams to identify risks, manage dependencies and optimize resources
- Drive visibility, accountability, and execution across their areas of software development for the organization
- Understand technology requirements, roadmap, dependencies, evolution, and develop a plan for mitigating risks and delivering features that meet the requirements across multiple products
- Establish expertise in the technology area, becoming the go-to escalation point for execution, leader for driving visibility across the program, and orchestrator for managing the integration across your program area
- Resolve conflicts, maintain clarity on priorities and drive progress on execution
- Drive technical excellence within the team, coordinating and contributing to engineering deliverables including architectural diagrams, specifications, launch criteria, and test plans
- Provide hands-on program management during analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and post implementation phases
- Work cross-functionally to develop best practices and development processes in a quickly changing and dynamic environment, drive impact through deployment of key initiatives and garner adoption of those processes
- B.S. in engineering, computer science or a related technical discipline, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of systems engineering, hardware engineering, software engineering, or technical product/program management experience
- Experience leading technology investments across multiple products or product families from innovation to delivery
- Demonstrated experience leading execution across highly ambiguous, complex products and programs, with experience making technical and product tradeoffs balancing business needs and technical constraints
- Knowledge of user needs, gathering requirements, and defining scope
- Experience operating autonomously across multiple teams, demonstrated critical thinking, and thought leadership
- Experience in leading complex execution across multiple teams in different time zones, anticipating roadblocks and creating a path forward
- Analytical and problem-solving experience with large-scale systems
- Communicator who can translate high-level goals into tangible action plans, and vice- versa &, expertise communicating with technical and non-technical stakeholders
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This job has expired.