Meta Reality Labs (RL) is building products that make it easier for people to connect with others. VR is a team of world-class experts developing and shipping next generation hardware to move our industry-leading virtual reality systems forward. As an Electrical Technical Program Manager for VR Product Engineering, you will lead multidisciplinary programs through the product development cycle. You will establish requirements with internal and external customers, manage program schedules, identify risks, mitigation plans, and clearly communicate them to program stakeholders. We look for technical program managers who have a strong technical foundation, are natural motivators, cross-functional relationship builders and champions for driving the right level of process to ensure smooth and predictable program execution in a fast-paced, innovative environment.
Technical Program Manager, Electrical Responsibilities:
- Partner with the VR electrical engineering team, enabling the definition, design, and execution of next generation hardware.
- Manage the development of main logic boards (MLB), flexible printed circuits (FPC), development platforms, and other EE driven designs.
- Work with key silicon and electro-mechanical vendors, ensuring technical deliverables for the project are met. Partner with supply chain managers for vendor selection.
- Coordinate with other internal cross functional design and operations teams including product design, manufacturing engineering, firmware, and software to develop cohesive development plans.
- Manage external design resources, and contract manufacturers (CM, ODM, or JDM).
- Responsible for running the "SMT" portion of development builds. Create the build and allocation plans, address critical issues during the build, direct failure analysis, and drive yield improvement.
- Develop project schedule, communicate program statuses, and identify/address potential setbacks.
- Work cross-functionally to develop best practices and technology development processes in a quickly-changing and dynamic environment to ensure on time delivery.
- Coordinate and contribute to engineering deliverables such as architecture definition, product specifications, data reviews and test plans.
- Ensure program documents are complete, current and available for staff and leadership review.
- Contribute to resource planning to ensure program success.
- Up to 20% travel.
- BSEE with 7+ years of experience in consumer electronics or silicon industry.
- 3+ years experience managing technical projects.
- Working knowledge of the latest standards and industry trends in USB, HDMI, PCIe, MIPI, etc.
- Experience with phase gate approach to technology development projects.
- Experience with board level electrical system development, validation and characterization processes.
- Experience with program and issue tracking and building complex development schedules.
- Experience operating autonomously across multiple teams and projects.
- Experience taking products from initial concept to mass production.
- MSEE with 5+ years of consumer electronics or silicon industry experience preferred.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.
This job has expired.