Facebook Reality Labs is dedicated to bringing Virtual and Augmented Reality products to people around the world. We are looking for a talented and experienced Technical Program Manager who will help drive the successful roadmapping, definition, implementation and delivery of automation infrastructure than powers our AR and VR products.The TPM will collaborate closely with engineering and product teams on strategy and goals, and own execution of all phases of the development cycle, planning requirements, managing schedules, identifying and tracking risks and clear communication to project stakeholders. The candidate will also ensure that the stakeholders are aligned with the priority set by the infrastructure team and issues reported by partners and customers are addressed in a prompt fashion. The ideal candidate is energized by having impact, is passionate about enabling high-quality experience for our partner teams, and enjoys working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Technical Program Manager - AR/VR Automation Responsibilities:
- Develop automation infrastructure roadmaps based on product and technical requirements and business needs.
- Lead cross functional teams implementing the roadmap from the early stage of development through launch. Lead launch/release activities as it pertains to software features and deliverables.
- Work across geographic locations to help drive successful adoption of automation infrastructure in our automation labs and data centers.
- Engage with cross-functional teams to identify constraints, dependencies, risks/issues, and to deliver software features.
- Work with teams to set milestones, communicate project statuses, and identify/address potential setbacks.
- Develop best practices and product development processes in a quickly-changing and dynamic environment. Evangelize those practices to enable them to scale across different products.
- Coordinate and contribute to engineering deliverables including specifications and test plans.
- Ensure project documents are complete, current and available for staff and leadership review.
- Identify resources needed and work closely with the team leads to maintain full visibility of multiple projects, ensuring resource gaps are addressed efficiently.
- BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years experience as a Technical Program Manager or Software Product Manager managing software programs from inception to production.
- Experience launching products or delivering large software releases.
- Experience developing software roadmaps for complex products.
- Knowledge of program and issue tracking tools and software dashboards.
- Program-level strategic planning, interaction with executive level management, complex issue resolution, effective communications and team building skills.
- Knowledge of software development processes and best practices.
- Experience dealing with large scale infrastructure aimed at automating repeated use cases.
- Experience launching consumer products.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.