At Meta, privacy has become the new frontier for innovation that delivers on customer trust and meets evolving regulatory requirements across the globe. As a result, we are making major investments in teams to focus on delivering enabling technologies and solutions to help automate and streamline privacy for our company and our business partners.Our team is responsible for addressing privacy and regulatory compliance goals across a family of Meta Business Products and Services in the Ads & Business Platform. We are looking for an experienced Product Technical Program Manager to help envision, lead and execute on privacy challenges across this space.The ideal candidate has a strong technical and business acumen, strong program management skills and experience forming strong partnerships with cross-functional leaders and driving x-company initiatives.As a Technical Program Manager Leader, you are responsible for breaking complex initiatives down into prioritized and tangible programs, ensuring consistent flow of information and investment to key stakeholders. TPM Leaders are also responsible for identifying and managing dependencies across the organization, finding long-term solutions to achieve high quality results for the initiatives and building scalable systems.You will be leading teams to drive strategy and execution in product areas such as Commerce Platform and business messaging, as well as product platforms and specialized technical areas such as machine learning, APIs and complex infrastructure. We are looking for experienced technical leaders who can lead teams in complex multi-platform development efforts at consumer scale, while maintaining clarity of product vision and organizational awareness.
Technical Program Manager - Ads & Business Privacy Responsibilities:
- Building, managing, and setting direction for teams as a whole as well as for individual team members' success.
- Identifying and solving systemic, organizational-wide problems, influencing, and building strong relationships. Partners include Product Management and Engineering to define needs to support strategic planning and execution as well as metrics, program requirements and scope.
- Viewed as the cross-functional partner you will lead technical discussions and be a thought leader during product reviews and be responsible for designing and executing process and strategy frameworks that facilitate product-related goal setting, decision making and business impact.
- Articulate to stakeholders your team's technology vision, requirements, goals and milestones and develop collaboration across teams and functions. Integrate your technical knowledge, subject matter expertise and understanding trends to make sound decisions and influence business direction through data-driven analysis.
- Develop and manage end-to-end project plans and ensure on-time delivery.
- Provide hands-on program management during analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and post implementation phases.
- Perform risk and change management on projects.
- Influence program/product direction and simplify complexity.
- Experience delivering tech programs or products from inception to delivery.
- Knowledge of user needs, gathering requirements, and defining scope.
- Communication experience and experience working with technical management teams to develop systems, solutions, and products.
- Analytical and problem-solving experience with large-scale systems.
- Organizational, coordination and multi-tasking experience.
- Experience operating autonomously across multiple teams, demonstrated critical thinking, and thought leadership.
- 10+ years of software engineering, systems engineering, hardware engineering, or technical product/program management experience.
- Experience establishing work relationships across multi-disciplinary teams and multiple partners in different time zones.
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or equivalent experience.
- Experience in managing and/or designing software/services with security, privacy, identity, payments, trade and commerce, industry compliance domains.
- Experience in managing and/or designing software/services in or for regulated industries such as financial services and healthcare.
- Experience working through policy and regulatory requirements.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.