The Technical Assistant is responsible for providing administrative and secretarial support for the Director, Managers, Clinical Coordinators and staff of one or more departments. including record and manual maintenance, establishing essential presentations and databases, extensive travel arrangements and first line interactions regarding internal/external customer concerns. +
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Maintains department(s) databases, primary records, manuals, and reference materials. Duties include system maintenance and data integrity for multiple system applications which may reside on more than one information system. Designs and produces correspondence, memorandums, documents, forms, newsletters, reports, metrics, and data graphs for projects and programs based on needs identified by the staff and leadership for the department(s) and/or organization.
• Provides administrative and secretarial support to Directors, Managers, Clinical Coordinators and their staff for one or more departments including receiving and assisting visitors/callers, file and record management, telephones, meeting preparation and minutes, etc. Coordinates functions for identified department staff including physicians if applicable. Duties may include but are not limited to:
• Coordinating and maintaining appointment calendars.
• Arranging meetings and preparing agendas, meeting notices and presentation materials.
• Attend and transcribe meeting minutes.
• May monitor allocation of expenses to appropriate cost centers.
• Obtaining special services as needed.
• Appropriate supply maintenance.
• Site, material, and equipment preparation for events, meetings, educational offerings and presentations.
• May assist in collating and scheduling department evaluations for Director and Managers.
• Responsible for arrangement, typing, distribution and maintenance/revision of Billings Clinic policies and procedures. • Coordinates with management staff to revise policies and procedures (department-specific and hospital-wide).
• Coordinate with and assist Directors, Managers, Clinical Coordinators and their staff with travel arrangements including but not limited to:
• Research costs and assist with initial paperwork for request for travel.
• Complete Billings Clinic Business Travel/Education Expense form, including estimated expenses.
• Work with outside vendors to arrange approved travel expenses (i.e. hotel, airline reservations, registration).
• Obtain necessary signatures for approval; submit expense forms to accounting to request pre-payment of approved hotel, airline, and registration expenses.
• Complete "Actual Expenses" portion of the Billings Clinic Business Travel/Education Expense form. Submit airline ticket stubs, detail of hotel charges, and receipts for reimbursable expenses to Accounting and other entities if applicable.
• Performs other duties as assigned or as needed to meet the needs of the department/organization including but not limited to:
• Communicates appropriately with internal/external customers to identify concerns and issues, identifies routing to appropriate resources, and follows up to ensure all matters requiring attention are addressed promptly and efficiently.
• May assist with work across departmental lines as needed to meet organizational needs.
• Acts as a resource to Billings Clinic Leadership and Supervisory staff.
• Identifies needs and sets goals for own growth and development; meets all mandatory system/departmental requirements.
• Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental and outside agency requirements relevant to job performance.
• May represent department in delegated committees and meetings.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES
• Telephone etiquette
• HIPAA and confidentiality requirements
• Regulatory agencies and requirements
• Composition practices for spelling, punctuation and grammar
• Professional communication skills, both verbal and written
• Basic use of microcomputer software such as word-processing, graphics packages, spreadsheets, etc.; Microsoft Office Programs (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, OneNote, Teams, Visio etc.) preferred
• Basic ten key
• Working with technical staff across departmental lines
• Analytical skills to solve simple to semi-complex problems
• Composing and editing correspondence and reports
• Organization, prioritization and time management
• Conflict resolution
• Incorporate population specific needs into all aspects of communications and patient care; scope of services provided typically encompasses age groups ranging from adolescent to geriatric
• Communicate clearly and effectively, both verbal and written
• Work effectively in a team environment
• Organize multiple projects simultaneously
• Pay close attention to detail and work independently
• Lift, bend, stretch and reach to accomplish duties
• Establish and maintain effective relationships
• Adapt to varying workload assignments and changes in service priorities
• Perform tasks or duties with frequent interruptions and competing priorities
• Ability to work with all levels of professional staff
• Position requires the highest degree of integrity and confidentiality due to sensitivity and confidential nature of information handled
• Performs in an environment where problems are many and diverse which requires fast, unique and creative solutions
• The magnitude and variety of independent problems/concerns increase the complexity.
• Inappropriate communications or dissemination of information can result in significant financial/legal damages to Billings Clinic and/or physicians.
• Poorly kept, incomplete, or inaccurate records can affect the facility's accreditation status
Subscribe to job alerts and add your resume to our resume database for employers!