3D art is essential for the future of social virtual reality applications and their communities. We are committed to providing Avatars that represent everyone's identity authentically in both current and yet-to-be-invented experiences.As a Tech Artist, you will design the shading workflows and tools to make Avatars shine across all experiences, including: VR, mobile and augmented reality. You understand a variety of shading techniques and how to strive for the highest quality, working within performance constraints. You will partner with other artists, rendering engineers and product managers to deliver impactful products that reach a global audience.Join us in creating the future!
Technical Artist, Shading (Avatars) Responsibilities:
- Define shading workflows that allow Avatars to retain their unique look and creative intent across various render targets and platforms
- Define lighting and shading methods to drive future looking technology roadmaps and rendering features
- Champion the highest quality and fidelity of Avatars, while partnering with engineering to fit within performance constraints of real time targets
- Build and document templates and best practices that scale to the variety of Avatars supported, with an emphasis on stability and performance
- Experience influencing and collaborating with Engineering teams
- Experience that demonstrates hero character work
- Experience working with real-time rendering engines such as Unity and Unreal
- Delivering 3 or more high complexity projects (feature films or AAA titles) as a Technical Artist or Shading/Surfacing/LookDev TD
- Experience working across styles (graphic, realistic)
- Experience with open source standards and frameworks such as USD, MATX, OCIO, glTF
- Experience with VR
- Experience with game profiling and optimization techniques in a real-time rendering environment
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.