Do you have a knack for helping clients get the most from Digital Commons?
Are you ready to help hire, train and mentor colleagues so that they can too?
About our Team
Digital Commons is the leading hosted repository platform for the publication and dissemination of scholarly work. Our Consulting Services department shares best practices and creates innovative solutions that fit our clients, not the other way around. From initial onboarding, we help clients to maximize the benefits of our services and their success with their objectives.
About the Role
Our consultants work flexibly to support their clients and their teammates. A Team Manager must be familiar with the protocols of the department and our services. When new situations arise, be comfortable taking the initiative to anticipate the team's needs and resolve them. They are provided with support in the form of on-the-job training in managerial functions, weekly meetings with fellow managers, and ongoing 1:1 check-ins with their direct manager.
- Supervising 1-3 remote teammates, including training, performance reviews, and options for further employee development to help everyone to reach their own potential
- Enabling efficiency of team by responding to their queries in a punctual manner applying experience, intuition, creativity, and collaboration skills
- Ensuring quality of consulting by promptly interviewing and onboarding new hires; monitoring client distribution; and reviewing client communications as needed
- Representing the team's needs and ensure team promptly receives any news or announcements, at weekly manager meetings.
- Demonstrating proficiency with department protocols by supporting clients and helping support others to the standard of an experienced Consultant with tact and discretion
Work in a way that works for you
- Be familiar with Consulting Services protocols (minimally 2-3 years of supporting clients with Digital Commons or adjacent experience)
- Demonstrate proficiency with training or coaching colleagues on both soft and technical skills
- Provide up to date example(s) of leading a group on a project: may be work-related or related to a volunteer group or other organization
- Have ability for infrequent travel
We promote a healthy work/life balance across the organization. With an average length of service of 9 years, we are confident that we offer an appealing working prospect for our people. With numerous wellbeing initiatives, family leave and tuition reimbursement, we will help you meet your immediate responsibilities and long-term goals.
Working with us
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to help you succeed. Here, you will find an inclusive, agile, collaborative, innovative and fun environment, where everyone has a part to play. Regardless of the team you join, we promote a diverse environment with co-workers who are passionate about what they do, and how they do it.Working for you
At Elsevier, we know that your wellbeing and happiness are key to a long and successful career. These are some of the benefits we are delighted to offer:
- Comprehensive, multi-carrier health plan benefits
- Disability insurance
- Dependent Care and Commuter Spending Accounts
- Life and Accident Insurance
- Retirement Benefits (Salary Investment Plan/Employer Stock Purchase Plan)
- Modern Family Benefits, including adoption and surrogacy
A global leader in information and analytics, we help researchers and healthcare professionals advance science and improve health outcomes for the benefit of society. Building on our publishing heritage, we combine quality information and vast data sets with analytics to support visionary science and research, health education and interactive learning, as well as exceptional healthcare and clinical practice. At Elsevier, your work contributes to the world's grand challenges and a more sustainable future. We harness innovative technologies to support science and healthcare to partner for a better world.Join UsPurposeful Work
When you work with us, your work matters. You are part of an organization that nurtures your curiosity to stimulate innovation for the communities that we serve.Growing Every Day
Like the communities we serve, you are on a constant path of discovery to shape your career and personal development.Colleagues Who Care
You will be part of the Elsevier family. We will support your well-being and provide the flexibility you need to thrive at work and home.
Together, we create possibilities.
Elsevier is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact email@example.com or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.