With over 100 offices and nearly 6,000 associates throughout the U.S. CBIZ (NYSE: CBZ) delivers top-level financial and employee business services to organizations of all sizes, as well as individual clients, by providing national-caliber expertise combined with highly personalized service delivered at the local level.
CBIZ has been honored to be the recipient of several national recognitions:
- Top 101 2021 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in the Nation
- 2022 Top Workplaces USA
- 2021 America's Best Mid-Size Employers
- 2021 Best and Brightest Companies in Wellness
- 2022 Great Place to Work Certification
Together, CBIZ and Mayer Hoffman McCann P.C. (MHM) are ranked as one of the top providers of accounting services in the United States. MHM is an independent CPA firm that provides audit, review and attest services, while CBIZ provides, business consulting, tax and financial services.
CBIZ & MHM New England is part of the 10th largest accounting, tax, and advisory services provider in the nation. Our two New England offices are located in Boston andProvidence and have over 240 people, including over 40 Managing Directors. We uniquely combine national resources with local decision-making by experienced, New England-based professionals who are dedicated to strengthening our clients' financial positions.
This opportunity can be available on a remote basis! Job Purpose
Essential Functions and Primary Responsibilities
- We are seeking candidates with insurance tax experience who are interested in providing consulting and co-sourcing (tax accounting and compliance) services for insurance industry clients.
- Working with CBIZ team members and client personnel virtually or at the client location.
- In co-sourcing engagements, Team members are responsible for assisting with all aspects of an In-House tax function including assisting with transactional matters, managing multiple internal and external professional resources, as well as federal, state and foreign compliance and various special projects.
- We offer an opportunity to work on rewarding, high profile clients with exposure to interesting technical matters using a team approach that allows for great work life balance in a friendly, supportive environment.
- This opportunity offers high potential for advancement.
- Utilize basic working knowledge of the insurance industry and relevant foundational tax technical skills to prepare quality compliance products
- Apply strong analytical and critical thinking skills to client fact patterns and assist with development of quality solutions
- Oversee, train, and assist associate team members
- Able and willing to work at client location when conditions are safe, but remote or hybrid arrangements will be considered.
- Manage deadlines, work on and prioritize multiple assignments
- Assist with the preparation of the global or domestic interim and year-end tax provision
- Lead person in charge of tax provision workbook and tax provisionsoftware
- Lead preparer of all federal, foreign, and state tax returns
- Assist in gathering data and preparing schedules to be used in preparing tax returns, financial statements and submission to regulatory auditors
- Begin to build and develop quality relationships with clients
- Perform basic tax research, and develop proficient research skills
- Assist with other projects as necessary
Minimum Qualifications Required
- Basic working knowledge of the insurance industry and its financial statements
- Technical knowledge of income tax accounting standards and application of ASC 740
- Experience with insurance company financial statement audits
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office tools, tax research databases and tax compliance processing software
- Strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Positive attitude, good work ethic, and able to prioritize multiple tasks
- Quality focused
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Taxation or related field
- Graduate or specialty degree preferred
- CPA license or demonstrated progress towards certification
- 3years of experience in public accounting or corporate tax
If you are a qualified individual with a disabilityyou may request reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by calling [ Phone number blocked ] (toll free)or send an email to [ Link Removed ] .EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
CBIZ is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer and reviews applications for employment without regard to the applicant's race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, gender identity, marital status, military status, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability, or medical condition or any other reason prohibited by law. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please visit these following pages [ Link Removed ] and [ Link Removed ] .
[ Link Removed ]