Law360, a LexisNexis company, is an online newswire for business lawyers that covers major litigation, transactions, and regulatory issues. Founded in 2004 and acquired by LexisNexis in 2012, Law360 is a cutting-edge organization and one of the fastest-growing subscription news services in the U.S. Our subscribers include the largest law firms in the U.S. and around the world, in-house counsel at major corporations, and key decision-makers in the government sector.
We are currently looking to hire a Tax Researcher to join our growing team. Tax Researchers play an integral part in assisting with the production of our legal newswire, Law360 Tax Authority, and report to our Assistant Managing Editors.
- Researching and pitching story ideas
- Assist correspondents with legal research and document sourcing
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of search routines
- Assist in the filing of open records and freedom of information requests
- Corresponding with readers and sources
- Maintaining conference and event calendars
- Assisting reporters with advisory board meetings and background research
- Write news briefs and occasional articles
- Demonstrated research and writing skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Interest in pursuing a career in journalism
- Media or publishing industry experience
- Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field
- Research experience
Law360 offices are located in NYC, Washington DC, and Los Angeles. We offer a casual and flexible work environment, comprehensive benefits (including; medical, dental, generous paid time off, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, and a pre-tax commuter program), and competitive salary.
Portfolio Media Inc.is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.