Job ID: 218074
Location: STENNIS SPACE CENTER , MS , US
Date Posted: 2021-05-26
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI
Potential for Remote Work: No
As leader in the exciting and growing field of High Performance Computing (HPC), SAIC is searching for a Systems Engineer Lead to join our team working to solve critical mission challenges supporting the Department of Defense (DoD) High Performance Computing Modernization Program (HPCMP) located at the Stennis Space Center, Mississippi.
The successful candidate will be responsible for high-level technology evaluation and systems engineering which will include elicitation and analysis of system requirements, analysis and application of existing and future computing technologies, and architecture development for all aspects of Information Technology Infrastructure, inclusive of HPC platforms. This is in support of Information Technology activities at the Navy DoD Supercomputing Resource Center (NAVY DSRC).
This role will include:
- Ensuring all technical requirements of the contract at the DSRC are being met.
- Be the primary point-of-contact for the government Technical Director, or equivalent, of the DSRC and work in tandem to ensure the successful operations of the DSRC.
- Anticipate future requirements and provide feedback and recommendations to DSRC as needed.
- Work with the Site Lead to ensure appropriate skilled resources maintain qualifications and competencies.
- Provide technical oversight to all projects performed at the DSRC, negotiating and adjusting resources as needed with the site lead to ensure timely completion of projects and tasks on time and within budget.
- Ensure configuration management of assets is maintained.
- Represent the DSRC in Enterprise initiatives and/or capability meetings to ensure the DSRC is well-represented.
- Maintain currency of all DSRC technical activities as well as HPCMP activities to obviate communication gaps.
- Advise on selection of technological purchases with regards to processing, data storage, data access, applications development, and systems.
- Lead the soliciting, collecting, and evaluating of vendor proposals, and lead the development of integration plans for new technology.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors and seven (7) years or more experience; OR Masters and five (5) years or more experience; PhD or JD and two (2) years or more experience.
- Must be a US Citizen and have the ability to obtain the interim Secret Security clearance to begin working on the contract. Must be able to obtain the full TS/SCI Security clearance. SAIC will assist with the proecss of obtaining the interim Secret clearance for the qualified candidate.
- 10% travel - primarily for industry conferences.
- Understanding of Risk Management Framework (RMF) standards and their relationship to HPC architectures and systems and other security support systems.
- Familiarity with various Linux distributions (RHEL, SLES, etc.).
- Familiarity with HPC supporting software (cluster management tools, compilers, scheduling tools).
- Prior experience configuring new technology in a Cross Domain (CD) environment.
- Ability to identify systems and/or applications that will improve DSRC functions and processes.
- Ability to attend industry conferences and vendor briefings, advise senior technical staff on the feasibility and applicability of new technologies, and apply those technologies to the HPCMP Centers organization.
- Understanding of HPC supporting hardware (networking, low-latency interconnects, storage, parallel file systems, and HSM systems.
- Familiarity with Supply Chain/Procurement management activities and processes.
- Strong communication skills to interact with customers, management personnel, and team members, including documentation and writing skills.
- Strong customer focus and proven ability to manage and help shape customer behavior and decisions.
- Organizational skills to balance and prioritize work in a dynamic work environment, and persistence to follow-through on tasks in the face of obstacles.
- Ability to work as part of a multi-faceted team.
- Prior HPC experience.
- Familiarity with facilities management (system cooling and power utilization).
- Project management or application development management experience.
- DoD 8570 certification, Security+ desired but not required.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com
or Working at SAIC
for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.