Innovative Defense Technologies (IDT), a rapidly growing provider of automated software testing, data analysis, and cybersecurity solutions for complex, mission-critical systems in the US Department of Defense (DOD), is seeking a Systems Engineer to be based out of one of IDT's offices. This person will work with a fast-paced team of mission-focused engineers by working with and developing cutting edge technology to solve customer problems. Initiative, creativity, reliability, and efficient teamwork will be required to successfully deliver innovative solutions in this dynamic customer space.
The selected Systems Engineer will be responsible to turn Customer's goals and needs into solutions. The Systems Engineer possesses the background and skills to communicate both with Customers and IDT designers, establishing product features and capabilities which apply automated Testing and Analysis technologies for rapid assessment and deployment of capability.
The ideal candidate will have skills applicable to instrumentation and data recording, data analysis, behavior assessment against requirements, and presentation/visualization methods to help the System Analyst understand results and take corrective actions. The candidate will understand IDT's technologies and how to apply them to a Customer's Products to accelerate the pace of development, test, deployment, and in-service upgrade.
All applicants must be able to obtain/maintain an active U.S. Security Clearance.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Analyze and decompose requirements, review software designs, generate test cases, test procedures, and test plans, and troubleshoot discrepancies to fulfill customer needs
- Develop test/data algorithms for reducing instrumentation and data streams to meaningful quantification of system actions, behaviors, and outcomes
- Apply an interdisciplinary, collaborative approach to plan, design, develop and verify life cycle balanced system of systems and system solutions
- Evaluate customer/operational needs to define system performance requirements, integrate technical parameters and assure compatibility of all functional and program interfaces
- Apply advanced systems/software technologies and principles to develop innovative solutions for in-service and next generation complex software systems
- Perform analyses to optimize total system of systems and/or system architecture
- Determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions
- Determine SysML model implementation of Systems Engineering designs
- Communicate directly with customer and users to understand need and drive cross-functional technical issues/challenges to closure
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or other STEM field
- Ability and interest in the logical, systematic conversion of program requirements into viable technical solutions
- Understanding of System Engineering and Software Engineering best practices. Ability to communicate with customer Subject Matter Experts and understand their processes and designs.
- Understanding of performing test and integration, applying best engineering practices, and developing test methodologies
- Ability to apply analysis to systems, data, and processes to determine if exhibited Behavior is expected
- Ability to understand system behavior through reading system specifications and requirements
- Understanding of the activities described by the Systems Engineering V-Model
- Ability to work on-site with potential hybrid flexibility
- Ability to travel approximately 10%
- Experience and proficiency with Requirements Management tools (e.g. DOORS)
- Familiarity with Model Based Systems Engineering/Model Based Software Development using SysML or UML
- Demonstrated knowledge in related disciplines (e.g. Software Engineering)
- Familiarity with Agile development processes
- Experience developing or testing large, complex systems
- Experience implementing algorithms in C++, Python, MATLAB or other languages
- Systems Engineering experience with system integration, verification, and validation testing
- Experience designing and testing complex SW systems, especially DoD Systems or large distributed SW Solutions
- Experience performing test and integration, applying best engineering practices, and developing test methodologies
- Experience with data visualization and presentation. Understanding of data instrumentation and data reduction techniques to use data to communicate system performance
- Experience identifying and describing software interfaces
- Ability to perform concurrent assignments and adapt to changing priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong Team-centric execution and coordination skills
IDT is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
This job has expired.