Key & Access Services is seeking a full-time Systems Control Technician to work on security management systems, mechanical locks, electronic locks, door actuators and other electronic components in support of key and access services campus wide.
Duties to include:
- Monitor, test, diagnose, repair, reconfigure, and replace electronic & electro-mechanical access, security, door control and monitoring devices and power supplies. Provide expertise, experience, and knowledge for technical support.
- Install electronic & electromechanical security, access, door control devices. Some devices integrated with fire, elevator and alarm systems.
- Installs and maintains door and lock hardware. Hinges, locksets, cylinders, pivots, closures, panic bars and mullions.
For a full job description, please send an e-mail to the contact listed below. About Key & Access Services:
The Key Services Shop is responsible for security of all building doors, safes, vaults, files and locking devices, and grand master key systems through installation, maintenance and repair of a wide range of locking mechanisms and related hardware. The Access Services Shop is responsible for security of all electronic access controlled doors and associated electronic components, and managing the video surveillance platform and intrusion systems integrated with electronic access to CCTV. Schedule
8:00am to 4:30pm, Mon- Fri Location
Department of Public Safety - Key & Access Services - University Capitol Centre Minimum Eligibility Requirements:
Six years of experience in electrical or control trade, including apprenticeship; or graduation from a two-year resident instrumentation and controls program. Desirable Qualifications:
- Ability to maintain a professional and respectable demeanor with staff and customers that fosters good relations
- Ability to adapt, prioritize, and organize multiple tasks
- Intermediate to proficient computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
License / Certification Requirements:
- Prior customer service experience
Valid Driver's license is required and ability to meet and maintain UI Fleet Safety driving Standards. Application Details:
- In order to be considered for an interview, applicants must upload a resume and cover letter and mark them as a "Relevant File" to the submission.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of 10 calendar days and may be removed from posting and filled any time after the original posting period has ended.
Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.
Up to 5 professional references will be requested at a later step in the recruitment process.
- Classification Title: Systems Control Technician
- Appointment Type: Merit
- Schedule: Full-time
- Organization: Finance & Operations (General)
- Contact Name: Jan Bringman
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org