ECS is seeking a Systems Administrator to work in our Ft Belvoir, VA office.
ECS is seeking a Systems Administrator to work as a member of a team managing and maintaining multiple network enclaves to support the DoD community. The candidate will provide support to a team developing, maintaining, creating, documenting, and installing network and enclave infrastructure for a broad range of AI/ML datasets, research objectives, applications, and programming requirements. This is a demanding, high-energy position requiring innovative solutions to network, hardware, and software problems. The candidate will perform software installations, upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages, and deployment and configuration of Docker containers. The candidate will schedule installations and upgrades and maintain them in accordance with established IT policies and procedures and will monitor and tune the system to achieve optimum performance levels. The candidate will have a strong understanding of the Linux Operating system to include but not limited to scripting, networking, and performance tuning. The candidate will also manage server access for multiple, simultaneous, external vendors i.e., Government, academia, and industry. The candidate must have strong problem-solving skills.
*The job is located in the Fort Belvoir area, with some local trips to other locations in the National Capital Region.
*Periodic short-term travel (less than 10%) worldwide may be required.
- Must have an active TS/SCI clearance with the ability to pass a CI Poly
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience with classified environment field engineering & networking
- DoD 8750 compatible certification (CISSP, Security+)
- High emphasis on hands-on design and implementation experience in a demanding environment
- Ability to articulate impact of architecture decisions on physical layout
- Solid technical background in Data Center (DC) technologies, including servers, storage, virtualization, networking, infrastructure management, and data center facilities (power, cooling, cabling)
- Extensive experience with Linux operating systems. (Ubuntu, RHEL, CentOS, Rocky)
- Extensive experience with Docker
- Ability to architect, articulate (to different stakeholders), and implement complex solutions
- Experience in solution requirements gathering
- Experience with documentation of infrastructure design, system builds, configurations, and support procedures
- Experience with LAN/WAN networking technologies
- Ability to architect, configure, and troubleshoot WAN routing architectures
- Experience with data center networking technology
- Good understanding of high-level network architecture
- Ability to review application data flow diagrams
- Hands on experience with data center equipment (Servers, Switches, PDUs,Firewalls)
- Hands on experience with Cisco Nexus, and Catalyst
- Experience with IP routing and DNS
- Experience with the following standards/protocols: Ethernet, Fibre Channel, and NFS
- Experience with virtualization technology
- Hands on experience with VMware vSphere networking
- Experience with networking diagnostic, monitoring and analysis tools
- Experience with server diagnostic and troubleshooting
- Strong communication and interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment to produce outstanding results
- Ability to learn quickly, with good problem solving/analytical skills
- Confident decision making
- Good organizational skills to prioritize heavy workloads
- The ability to communicate technical information to non-IT clients and colleagues
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Good time management skills
- In-scope CI polygraph
- Understanding of Kubernetes
- Understanding of Rancher
- Understanding of Palo Alto Firewalls
- Understanding of NetApp storage systems
- Understanding of Cisco UCS chassis systems
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP
- Advanced technical vendor certifications in two or more DC domains
- Strong understandings of Cisco IOS
- Understanding of AWS
- Understanding of Azure
- VMware vSphere knowledge
- Experience with coding languages for scripting (e.g. Python)
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 3000+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.
This job has expired.