A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Based in Rockville, Maryland, (or remote if you are not local) you will have primary responsibility for market and competitive intelligence within the services business. You will provide a robust external perspective for the business, with responsibility for owning market models, gathering competitive intelligence and translating this intelligence into actionable competitive assessments, and providing inputs for organic and inorganic business cases, including but not limited to: pricing trends & assessments, regulatory and policy insights, industry demand and capacity assessments, and company target due diligence. You will collaborate with sales, segment marketing, product management, and other functions to execute on these responsibilities. By developing a deep understanding of evolving market trends and anticipating the competitive and customer environment through VoC and other primary and secondary research, you will assist in our annual strategy development process to shape, evolve, and fund the 10-year strategy for the services business. You will report into the Head of Strategy for the Services business. Travel (including international travel) up to 35% of time will be required.
Who You Are:
- Bachelors in Life Sciences or Business/Marketing required.
- 3+ years of business strategy, investment banking, equity research, and/or consulting experience in Life Sciences, Pharma, or Biotech industry.
- Knowledge of biopharmaceutical manufacturing; credibility in discussing current and future trends in the industry in front of customers and internal stakeholders
- Strong analytics skills including experience working with and manipulating large amounts of financial/other data in Excel.
- Ability to interpret company financial data and metrics to inform competitive assessments.
- Ability to work with and engage across management team and various functions within the organization; willing to constructively contribute to and debate key issues affecting the organization across multiple areas.
- Ability to see the current and future business within a broader context and quickly synthesize implications and opportunities for the business to both internal and external audiences.
What we offer:
- Masters degree in Life Sciences or Business/Marketing.
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing to internal and external audiences, including to the leadership team, to foster collaboration, drive alignment, and achieve results.
- Ability to think creatively, approach work with an entrepreneurial mindset, and take the initiative despite minimal day-to-day oversight; advocate for adopting innovative approaches and ideas.
- Ability to think critically and analytically about all business problems.
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, energetic environment and in ambiguous/rapidly evolving situations.
With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!Curious?
Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
Job Requisition ID: 211314
Career Level: D - Professional (4-9 years)
Working time model: full-time
This job has expired.