McLean Hospital will be opening a 68-bed facility in Middleborough Massachusetts during the summer of 2021. This will give candidates an opportunity to advance their careers at a comprehensive psychiatric hospital affiliated with the Harvard Medical School and the Mass general Brigham health system.
McLean is committed to providing easy access to outstanding quality, efficient mental health services in the Boston area, Massachusetts and beyond. Since 1811, McLean has been a world leader in the treatment of mental illness and chemical dependency, research into the cause of mental illness and the training of generations of mental health care providers. McLean's multidisciplinary programs treat a broad range of psychiatric illnesses across the full continuum of care.
Adult Inpatient - We seek colleagues that possess:
- Clear understanding of the importance of partnership, especially in a healthcare setting with a multi-disciplinary approach
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously while also respond favorably to constructive feedback
- Positive demeanor with creativity and determination to accomplish tasks
- A sense of community at the workplace, and an understanding of the importance of reliability and dependability
- A value system of prioritizing person-centered care and a true joy of helping patients and their families
- Taking pride in working for McLean Hospital and representing our values at work and in the community
- An eagerness to always learn and develop, while also understanding the dedication to guide and train others
- Always being ready to help others
- Always listening to others and respectfully understanding that every voice matters at McLean SouthEast
All McLean team members are encouraged to consistently demonstrate our values of integrity, kindness, respect, diversity, collaboration, excellence and innovation in their work activities and interactions.
Utilizing the nursing process, responsibility for providing for immediate and long-term nursing care needs of patients within the standards of the department, hospital and regulatory agencies.Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Accurately assesses patients' needs
- Accurately plans nursing interventions for assigned patients.
- Provides and implements nursing care interventions
- Accurately evaluates the efficiency of nursing care interventions
- Provides a leadership role in coordinating and delivering patient care
- Provides for guiding needs of patient and significant others
- Maintains a dedication to professional growth and proficiency
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal communication
- Contributes to the efficiency and cost-effectiveness of the hospital, department, and unit
Employees are expected to remain awake and alert at all times on all shifts.
- Candidate must be a graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
- Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- BSN preferred.
- Requires demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to utilize the nursing process and to work collaboratively.
- No experience required; one year medical/psychiatric experience preferred.
All employees must possess basic computer skills to use a variety of electronic or online systems for communication, clinical and administrative purposes.
Required to complete electronic medical records training, and demonstrate 80% accuracy on competency test within 30 days of hire.EEO Statement
It is the policy of McLean Hospital to affirmatively provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants for employment and existing employees without regard to their race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, ancestry, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or a condition related to pregnancy including, but not limited to, lactation or the need to express breast milk for a nursing child, or any other basis that would be in violation of any applicable law or regulation.