Join a global professional services leader. We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of buildings, water, energy and urbanization.
GHD is seeking a Staff Level Geologist to work with our Contaminant, Assessment, and Remediation team on providing environmental consulting services to various clients across California and the Southwest U.S. This position will be based out of our Cameron Park, CA Office.
Responsibilities of this position will be but are not limited to:
The ideal candidate will have the following skillset:
- Field implementation of work plans
- Health and Safety Plan preparation
- Drilling bid preparation and subcontractor procurement
- Field work planning and coordination
- Oversight of subcontractors during utility locates, borehole clearance, subsurface exploratory drilling, excavating, groundwater monitoring, waste removal, etc.
- Collecting soil, groundwater, vapor, and surface water samples
- Operation and maintenance of air monitoring and remediation systems
- Soil logging using the Unified Soil Classification System
- Permanent and temporary monitoring well construction
- Problem resolution due to unexpected field conditions
- Support clients during emergency response projects
- Prepare budgets and schedules
- Report writing to document field activities and investigation findings
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook
- Ability to perform field work and travel overnight
- Basic understanding of California Regional Water Quality Control Board and Local Oversight Program Requirements for site cleanups.
- Must be self-motivated, organized, hard-working, and have strong written and technical skills
- Ability to excel in a multidisciplinary team environment as well as independently
- Commitment to safety utilizing a behavior based safety (BBS) culture in all aspects of the job
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering, Geology, or Environmental Science or equivalent from an accredited university
- 3 to 5+ years of relevant experience
- Valid driver's license and access to a vehicle
- OSHA 40 HAZWOPPER trained preferred
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.
Being the best we can be is in our culture.
We are a family of smart, innovative and creative problem solvers. In our employee-owned company, everything feels like it matters more. Challenge us and help us come up with new solutions to ensure water, energy and urbanisation are made sustainable for generations to come.
Our commitment to you
Commitment is a powerful word that defines how we do business, how we serve our clients and how we care for one another. We will support your needs by giving you the tools to do your best work and then recognise achievements. We will set your curiosity free to allow brilliant minds to do their best work. We will invest in new ideas, removing barriers where we can. Finally, we will encourage you to collaborate with thousands of diverse people across our global business.
Who we are
We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanisation. GHD is a global professional services company that is a leader in engineering, construction and architectural expertise. Established in 1928, we remain wholly owned by our people. We are 10,000+ diverse and skilled individuals, yet we are proudly 'One GHD' across more than 200 offices, spanning five continents - Asia, Australia, Europe, North and South America, and the Pacific region. Delivering extraordinary social and economic outcomes, we are passionate about building lasting relationships with our partners and clients.