Job Location: Hershey, PA
The Hershey Company is the leading North American manufacturer of quality chocolate and non-chocolate confectionery and chocolate-related grocery products. The company also is a leader in the gum and mint category. As a leading consumer pacakaged goods company, our ability to predict and adapt to a complex regulatory environment while executing strategic projects is critical to our continued success.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Capital Engineering, the Staff Engineer, Project Manager will be responsible for initiating and executing capital projects of varying complexity, delivering the capital plan on time and in budget. In addition, the PM will be responsible for promoting and implementing the best use of technology and developing solutions to complex engineering problems to meet the company's current and/or future business needs. The successful candidate must be able to display a sense of urgency while maintaining attention to detail. Responsible to model leadership and instruction to engineers, plant staffs, technical resources, contractors, and others. Will be responsible for all phases of large projects or programs, from project development through close-out.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team. Leadership results are evidenced in the team as shown by members who are motivated, productive, focused and confident. Practices personal and team accountability as a leadership trait. Recognized leadership with supplier companies, internal customers, and Engineering discipline. Provides direction to team in area of expertise. Willingness to accept change and to respond at lightning speed to the demands placed by our environment with empathy for all those who are involved.
- Experienced and demonstrated competency in food process, packaging, utilities and building trade disciplines. Leverage proficiency and knowledge of complex food industry to ultimately provide sound and economical Engineering solutions.
Serve as an organizational representative in external supplier negotiations.
- Demonstrates ability to apply operational understanding to provide sound engineering solutions. Results reflect understanding of Engineering as a business differentiator (value drivers: cost, schedule, performance). Capable of benchmarking and providing sound rationale. Utilize business understanding of key financial measures, ROI and cost of capital in the development of Engineering/Financial analysis.
- Leverages relationships, demonstrates maturity, establishes credibility and manages with wisdom.
- Identifies comprehensive engineering opportunities to drive business results and/or create new opportunities. Exhibits developed engineering judgment associated with unconventional technical solutions and effectively evaluates, communicates, and builds consensus enterprise-wide.
Project Scope/Scope of Responsibility:
- Leverages' engineering knowledge, judgment, creativity and experience to lead multiple disciplined engineering initiatives of high complexity and long duration.
- Develops the business case, technical feasibility, and plan for customer (plant) acceptance.
- Provides technical direction to multiple teams in the development of sound engineering alternatives (cost estimates, feasibility, specifications, and interpretation of requirements) and recommendations.
- Provides leadership for all phases of a capital project to include project development, project execution, and production start-up and project close out.
- Accountable for developing and implementing multiple capital projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrates negotiation skills to "sell" project through the capital approval process.
- Establishes new procedures & technology when appropriate, identifies new industry trends and possesses a continuous improvement mindset.
Problem & Conflict Resolution:
- Identifies cross-functional process opportunities and investigates problems of an often-ambiguous nature. Analyzes and identifies probable causes with root cause analysis and recommends/facilitates the implementation of solutions unique to Hershey.
- Provide input for supply chain planning and it's impact on budget development (capital & expense)
- Assess impact of complex projects on overall company budget.
- Coordinate the identification and prioritization of strategic initiatives.
- B.S. Desirable (Mechanical, Chemical, Civil / Structural, or Electrical Engineering)
- M.S Desirable (Eng/Science/Business)
- Prefer 10-12 years related experience
- With BS - 5 to 10 years managing projects of no less than 1 million.
- With MS - 3 to 5 years
- Without BS 15-20 years of managing projects no less than 1 millionExperience with PLM systems (such as Accolade, PDM, PCM, etc.)
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Project)
- SAP knowledge
- Capital Budget Administration
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The policy of The Hershey Company is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other categories protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veterans
If you require a reasonable accommodation as part of the application process, please contact the HR Service Center (email@example.com).