Staff Cloud Engineer - Cloud Data Protection
Teradata, the world's leading data analytics company is looking for experienced developers to join our Teradata Cloud team. If you are interested in working in a startup environment where you can directly influence the future of cloud based analytics solutions and services, then the Teradata Cloud is the place for you. You will actively define and implement state of the art technical solutions, including capabilities to support elastic scalability, on-demand self-service, disaster recovery, and usage based consumption, to enable customers to solve their most complex data analytics challenges.
Teradata Cloud seeks a Staff Cloud Engineer to build and operate highly scalable production systems/services on the cloud. As a Staff Cloud Engineer, your focus will be on designing, building, deploying, and operating fault tolerant, elastic, scalable, and secure services.
- Design and implement event-driven systems with AWS Serverless technologies.
- Collaborate with members of the engineering, product and design teams to deliver enhancements compatible with the existing platform.
- Encourage innovation and foster an environment of continuous improvement.
- Identify areas to improve and scale our architecture and application design.
- Develop robust solutions to manage our data, APIs and other critical back-end features
- 5+ years of experience in software development primarily on the Backend.
- Experience building distributed, highly available, scalable cloud based systems.
- Worked with AWS Lambda, DynamoDB, SQS, SNS, API Gateway and other cloud services.
- Extensive knowledge around API development with HTTP, REST and JSON.
- Understanding of serverless environments.
- Excellent skills with data modeling and data management.
- Experience embedding security controls and processes into the DevOps workflow.
- Experience with Teradata and knowledge of relational database engines.
- Very good communicator within and across teams and to different levels.
- Can explain complex technical concepts to designers, support, and other engineers with ease.
- Experience with a 24/7 production environment.