Position Title: Senior Staff DevOps Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Location: San Diego, CA
Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data. Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between. We call this pervasive data intelligence. It's the answer to the complexity, cost and inadequacy of today's approach to analytics.
Teradata Test Automation (TTA) team is growing Test-as-a-Service (TaaS) platform, which is a next generation test automation framework. This framework provides end to end automation including test scheduling, test execution, test data collection, and data analysis for various product engineering development teams working on the worlds most advanced database system. Be a core part of the team by leveraging your coding and DevOps experience to contribute your code, diagnose issues, and provide solutions for customers of Test-as-a-Service.
- Architect, design, and develop the next generation of testing services for Teradata.
- Be a leader in evolution of TaaS by creating the cloud architecture solution to support testing in AWS, Azure, and GCP.
- Apply your skills in designing services that leverage Jenkins, Kubernetes, Teradata database and 3rd party storage solutions, and open source software meant for enterprise scale.
- Develop, monitor, and maintain best in class services, languages, and technologies that are used to test massive SQL and Machine Learning systems
- Provide tools and utilities that interface with and leverage the power of Teradata solutions
- Develop software designs and solutions for distributed cloud-based and virtual systems
- Harness big data for building insights and analytics for teams around the company
- Provide expertise in build and deployment tools including Jenkins and Ansible
- Provide workaround solutions and design alternatives for critical issues and problems
- Fix bugs, test, and deploy quickly for TTA customers
- Work with customers, database, and Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) teams to design systems for scale
- Provide communication, documentation for code and products that will serve TTA and extended teams
- Collaborate with TTA development team and follow TTA agile development and release process
- Be able to troubleshoot, analyze and deliver independently
- Be able to handle pressure and be flexible for work time
- Work collaboratively with distributed teams around the world
- Bachelor's Degree, Master's degree preferred
- 8+ years relevant work experience
- DevOps and automation project experience
- Python, shell, or Java programming experience
- Experience with Unix/Linux operating systems
- Knowledge of database technologies including SQL language
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with Source Control and Problem Tracking tools such as GitHub and Jira
- Experience working with internal customers
- Experience with public cloud system like AWS or Azure
- Experience with Ansible and JMeter
- Previous/current Teradata experience
This position is located in Rancho Bernardo, CA (San Diego). This fast-paced high-tech environment is perfect for individuals seeking to exercise innovation and out of the box thinking to move our state-of-the-art technology to the next level.
This job has expired.