This is a Hybrid position within our IT Organization. The role will allow employees to work offsite but will also require onsite work based on business needs. The selected candidate will be expected to commute to the innovation center to which they are assigned as their primary GM facility. Relocation may be provided.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a high-performance development team that is transforming the customer and dealer experiences associated with purchasing GM products, including Electric Vehicles (EV's). The Finance function performs a critical cross-functional role in driving GM's business success including improving company financial performance, managing cash to fund major vehicle programs, and reporting results and managing investor perceptions. Global Finance IT provides innovative technology solutions to support these objectives. We deliver value at high speed through an intense Customer focus coupled with domain expertise and business savvy. We are innovative, dependable, reliable, and collaborative.
The Basis Administrator role will be part of a robust team that is responsible for the SAP installation and administration of over 180 non-prod and production servers, running current technologies from S4 to ECC 6.0, running on HANA2 to Oracle 19 databases. The role will perform new builds, S/4 migrations, and ongoing system maintenance activities associated with this very large, highly complex SAP system landscape supporting critical GM business processes. This role will collaborate extensively with Architecture, Infrastructure, Database and SAP team members. This role can be located in either Atlanta or Detroit.
Additional Job DescriptionMinimum Qualifications
- Build new and upgrade existing ABAP and Java systems to meet current technology standards, including S4 and HANA2
- Perform SAP client administration (craft client, copy client, delete client, export/import client) as required
- Monitor work processes, user workload, disk space, database tablespaces, background jobs and spool requests.
- Resolve issues by analyzing system logs, short dumps, locks, developer traces and system traces etc.
- Implement the required patches to resolve any vulnerabilities
- Evaluate SAP Early Watch/Service Level reports and come up with an action plan to address the gaps on an ongoing basis
- Utilize performance monitoring tools such as CCMS, DB cockpit of ABAP and JAVA to work with application developers for root cause analysis and accurate inefficient SAP and database operations
- Utilize various tools such as Solution Manager, LaMa, and ChaRM to drive automation and process efficiencies.
- Document processes for future reference
- Lead & mentor junior Basis resources
Preferred Qualifications and Certifications
- Minimum 10 years of experiences in SAP Basis
- Experience in Suite on HANA and S/4 HANA implementation, support and performance tuning preferred.
- Familiarity with SQL Server environments including database tuning and troubleshooting
- Solid understanding of IT infrastructure administration, OS, virtualization, and advanced hardware concepts
- Solid grasp of IT system administration, and application administration procedures
- Knowledge of Microsoft Failover Clustering and knowledge of SQL Server Database Mirroring
- Self-starter with strong initiative, a sense of urgency and passion
- Demonstrate effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to tasks and priorities across multiple projects.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities with the ability to turn re-occurring tasks into automation for productivity savings
- Extensive experience in SAP project life cycle deployments & SDLC Methodology.
- SAP HANA certification
- Experience in SAP S/4 HANA implementations.
- Experience in upgrade of SAP systems including S/4
- Experience in SAP BPC for S/4 HANA implementation
- Experience on using SAP HANA Database, Calculation and CDS Views
- Experience on SAP FIORI
- Experience with SAP tools including Solman, LaMa and Charm
- Experience with performance tuning and troubleshooting
- Functional knowledge of SAP Finance and Purchasing modules
- OpenText Content and Archive Server
- OpenText OMS
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day - individually and collectively - to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.Benefits Overview
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.Diversity Information
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.