Dynalectric DC is hiring a Senior Project Manager to assist the company in meeting its objectives and goals by overseeing and directing assigned commercial electrical construction projects at various locations in the metropolitan area and taking appropriate action to ensure projects are completed on time, within budget and with defined resources.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Execute and manage terms of project contracts.
- Partner with Superintendents, Project Engineers and Estimators and to ensure a complete scope of work is defined.
- Monitor project budgets and labor costs.
- Monitor and prepare project schedules with milestone deadlines to be achieved.
- Prepare and present computer generated spreadsheets and reports.
- Maintain regular communication and collaboration with project superintendents by spending time on and touring assigned job sites.
- Prepare and manage communications with general contractors or construction managers for assigned projects.
- Recommend methods and/or improvements based on project needs and resource capabilities.
- Review, analyze and make recommendations on project change orders.
- Estimate/price change orders as required.
- Analyze plans and subsequent construction documents to confirm project requirements and opportunities for value engineering.
- Prepare documents for billing purposes and coordinate with accounting personnel.
- Report and resolve customer concerns and/or grievances as needed.
- Ensure job site employees maintain a safe work environment.
- Attend and conduct meetings as required.
- Comply with all company operating policies, procedures, and safety programs as established.
- Travel to various project sites is required.
- Collaborate with Project Managers to ensure a complete scope of work is defined.
- Develop competencies with reviewing drawings and specifications to assist with preparing project schedules, change orders, building and environmental controls & fire alarm filings.
- Monitor project budgets and labor costs, alerting the Project Manager to any concerns.
- Prepare, maintain and present computer generated logs and reports.
- Maintain regular communication and collaboration with Project Managers
- Prepare and manage communications internally with construction team and support functions as well as with general contractors or construction managers for assigned projects.
- Prepare documents for billing purposes and coordinate with accounting personnel, which will require using an electronic job cost accounting system
- Assist with material buyouts and releases.
Comply with all company operating policies, procedures, and safety programs as established
- Dynalectric DC requires all new hires to be vaccinated for COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to obtain/show proof of a complete COVID-19 vaccination. Dynalectric DC is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.
There will initially not be any supervisory responsibilities. As the successful candidate's work experience and proficiency grows, the Project Manager may request Assistant to supervisor special projects.QUALIFICATIONS:
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
A degree in engineering, construction management, or related field, and 5 years of progressive experience in high rise and/or commercial electrical construction; Or Successful completion of an electrical apprenticeship program plus 5 years of progressive experience in high rise and/or commercial electrical construction.COMPUTER SKILLS:
Direct experience with Microsoft Office Word and Excel applications.
Working knowledge of ConEst Intellibid or related estimating software system.
Working knowledge of Starbuilder construction accounting software or related accounting system. REQUIRED ATTRIBUTES:
Must possess excellent written and verbal communications skills.
Must demonstrate ability to effectively organize and manage multiple projects.
Must demonstrate ability to analyze and solve problems.
Must demonstrate commitment to company values.
Must be willing, as knowledge and skills increase, to transition to a Project Manager position as openings arise.LANGUAGE SKILLS:
Must have the demonstrated ability to effectively communicate, cooperate, and collaborate with Project Managers, multiple levels of employees, general and subcontractors, and supplier partners.PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to twenty-five (25) pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be regularly required to commute to field locations.
Successful candidate must successful complete a pre-employment background check and drug test.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer M/F Vet Disabled
This job has expired.