The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
A Pharmaceutical Company is seeking a Sr. Project Manage (Change Management) in RTP, NC or Wilmington, NC.
Works cross-functionally to deliver IT project solutions within the constraints of scope, quality, time and cost. Manages or coordinates multiple IT projects from initiation through delivery. Serves as the liaison between IT and the business line customer to ensure that all targets and deliverables are met.
• Manages allocated projects according to timelines, budget and quality standards.
• Coordinates activities of multiple cross-functional IT systems/application teams and works with various technology and business unit staff to ensure project dependencies are identified and communicated.
• Provides oversight and direction to allocated project team members to ensure quality and timely delivery of project requirements.
• Develops and reviews detailed project plans; assesses Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), resource loading, dependencies, and milestones.
• Plans and manages budgets associated with technology projects. Evaluates percentage complete, tracks actuals to budget and mitigates overspend, tunes resource model to adhere to budget guidelines.
• Provides detailed information to management to ensure risks/issues are surfaced and mitigated, provides tracking to budget and timeline.
• Analyzes cross-project interdependencies in order to avoid potential impacts and to identify optimizations in regards to scope, schedule, budget, and resource utilization.
• Works under general supervision with major functional area leads and senior peers to identify and evaluate fundamental issues on the project.
• Reviews data on complex issues, makes good business decisions, and ensures solutions are implemented.
Skills & Requirements
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification
• Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 5+ years' including experience managing projects through all aspects of a project life cycle) or equivalent
• Proficiency in the key principles of cross-functional project management (ex: time, quality, cost)
• Strong financial acumen
• Proven track record of strong project management skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work across the organization and interact/influence/negotiate effectively at all levels
• Critical thinker with solid judgment and strong initiative
• Demonstrated ability to lead and influence collaboration across multiple and diverse groups
• Strong leadership and teamwork abilities
• Ability to work independently and be a creative and innovative problem solver
• Ability to delegate, effectively prioritize own and project team members workload
• Ability to effectively use automated systems and computerized applications such as Microsoft Project, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.
• Strong verbal and written communication, time management, and organizational skills
• Knowledge of Six Sigma, COBIT, ITIL, or other QMS frameworks
• Familiar with formal change management processes and methods (Prosci or similar approach)
• PMP preferred.
You will be working with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of the Information Technology industry and market trends . Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there's a position you really want, you're fully prepared to get it.
Additionally, this position is a contract role where Hays offers you the opportunity to enroll in full medical, dental or vision benefits.
• Life Insurance ($20,000 benefit)
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information.