The Sr. Program Manager performs technical & non-technical project completion using an internal customer perspective, typically from initiation through delivery. The Sr. Program Manager coordinates cross-functional and cross regional teams through meetings and progress measurement activities which bring distinct, specific projects to completion both on time and within budget. The Sr. Program Manager has no direct reports but will manage people indirectly.
The Sr. Program Manager manages specific projects that have a distinct beginning and end and require people and resource management through others; will be responsible for creating a positive team environment and operate as part of a cross-functional team ensuring proper coordination among cross-regional team members required to complete the project. The Sr. Program Manager is responsible to lead process, tool and governance for critical infrastructure and data center projects globally, focusing on customer specific opportunities and key IT initiatives related to solutions enablement within the Global Edge System group. This position is responsible to focus on establishing relationships and processes, from scoping to release, to ensure a smooth repeatable process is established, implemented, and followed. The Sr. Program Manager requires effective communication with all levels of the organization to ensure proper coordination across multiple line of businesses is enabled and effective.
- Works with other Vertiv Project Managers to help define and develop methods and procedures and institute best practices. Ensures all procedures are enforced on projects.
- Creates the project scope of work in conjunction with the technical and/or business lead. as well as other stakeholders.
- Utilizes standard Project Management tools to conduct the project effectively, achieving quality, financial and schedule targets.
- Communicates clearly and professionally the schedule, budget, scope, and status of projects.
- Connects the project objectives to the overall business objectives.
- Defines and obtains the appropriate resources required to fulfill the project scope of work.
- Works with all functional group leaders to develop the project organizational resource chart. Develops a RACI Matrix to ensure functional groups understand roles, responsibilities, and deliverables.
- Escalates and creates urgency around any issues that would impede the success of the project. Ensures that issues are resolved in a timely manner and communicated to the stakeholders.
- Monitors team schedules and ensures coordination of activities on the critical path. Coordinates the team to implement short term and long-term resolution plans.
- Follows reporting and tracking programs to assure the project is on target for quality, schedule, and cost targets. Establishes project reporting and KPI's. Documents meeting notes, action items and follows through to completion.
The successful candidate will embrace Vertiv's Core Principals & Behaviors to help execute our Strategic Priorities. OUR CORE PRINCIPALS
- Bachelor's Degree required; MBA preferred.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) preferred.
- Lean / Six Sigma preferred.
- At least 7 years of project/program management experience required.
- Must have ability to communicate effectively, including conducting effective meetings and presentations.
- Must be able to work in a matrixed environment.
- Must have experience with cross-regional teams, coordinating meetings and activities across different time-zones.
- Must have experience in managing customer specific projects (high level of customization of existing products to meet ad hoc requirements for large business opportunities)
- Critical infrastructure and data center expertise is a plus.
- Knowledge of engineering, manufacturing processes, data center infrastructure and commissioning processes is a plus.
- Experience in both hardware and software projects a plus.
- Experience working with 3rd party IT vendors is a plus.
: Safety. Integrity. Respect. Teamwork. Diversity & Inclusion. OUR STRATEGIC PRIORITIES
• Customer Focus
• Operational Excellence
• High-Performance Culture
• Financial Strength OUR BEHAVIORS
• Own It
• Act With Urgency
• Foster a Customer-First Mindset
• Think Big and Execute
• Lead by Example
• Drive Continuous Improvement
• Learn and Seek Out DevelopmentAbout Vertiv
Vertiv is a $5.6 billion global critical infrastructure and data center technology company. We ensure customers' vital applications run continuously by bringing together hardware, software, analytics and ongoing services. Our portfolio includes power, cooling and IT infrastructure solutions and services that extends from the cloud to the edge of the network. Headquartered in Columbus, Ohio, USA, Vertiv employs around 20,000 people and does business in more than 130 countries. Visit Vertiv.com to learn more. Work Authorization
No calls or agencies please. Vertiv will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire. Equal Opportunity Employer
Vertiv is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We promote equal opportunities for all with respect to hiring, terms of employment, mobility, training, compensation, and occupational health, without discrimination as to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy status (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression (including transgender status or sexual stereotypes), genetic information, citizenship status, national origin, protected veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This job has expired.