Who we are
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal's 375 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
When applying for a job you are required to create an account, if you have already created an account - click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your applications. Our system does have some requirements that will help us process your application, below are some guidelines for creation of your account:
- Provide full legal First Name/Family Name - this is important for us to ensure our future hires have the rightsystem set up.
- Please Capitalize first letter of your First and Last Name.
- Please avoid using fully capitalized text for your First and/or Last Name.
- NOTE: If your name is hyphenated or has multiple capitalization, please use the same format as your government ID.
Job Description Summary:
In 2018, iZettle became part of the PayPal family. iZettle is on a mission to help small businesses succeed in a world of giants. Tens of millions of small businesses worldwide are still being underserved by the traditional players. By giving small businesses the tools to get paid, sell smarter and grow, we're empowering them to reach their full potential. Together with PayPal, we can reach 24 million merchants across the world with more of the affordable tools they need to thrive. Join us in putting an end to the ordinary way the world defines financial freedom.
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager for our Onboarding team, with the mission to help our customers to open an account with iZettle and PayPal and get to the core product value. Primarily focus is on the customer sign-up, verification and onboarding process to get them ready for their first transaction. Your work will be to collaborate with cross functional teams across different locations, communicate and drive initiatives with stakeholders and teams within the whole of PayPal.
As Product Manager you will own the roadmap and related dialogs with multiple internal stakeholders. You need to be a leader and a coach - inspiring, coordinative, structured and catalyzing. At all times understanding and representing the team and your stakeholders - driving prioritization, creating clarity and enabling efficient decision making is key.
The iZettle product team is world-renowned for impeccable products that are used and loved by hundreds of thousands of merchants. We live and breathe for our customers and - by always striving to improve usability, functionality and simplicity - we create the unequivocally best experience for small business merchants.
We now offer a seat at our table, a chance to impact the lives of many and democratize business tools for the ones who dare to challenge the now and embrace the future. This role will own the onboarding of small businesses from their first interaction with the brand to their first transaction. This involves working with our digital marketing teams on customer acquisition, understanding customer intent during the sign-up, working with Risk and Compliance teams to KYC verification and driving the conversion metrics.Responsibilities:
- Know your customer: Understanding goals, concerns, behavior patterns of the iZettle users, build use cases around those goals and patterns and translate use cases into product definitions and prioritised backlogs.
- Execute on strategy & tactics: Deep understanding of iZettle's mission and strategies, manage product vision for the cross-functional team, set qualitative objectives and quantitative goals. You'll execute at a fast pace with a focus on delivering impact to customers.
- Operative team leader: Set your team for success by collaborating closely with a team of engineers, designers and potentially other stakeholders.
- Communication: Clearly communicate the product plans, objectives and performance measures and progress against plans to all stakeholders - tailoring communication as appropriate to ensure relevance to the audience.
- Use data: Define, monitor and analyze metrics for existing and upcoming products and features - feed learnings back into the product development process. Define and drive experiments and tests to identify key drivers of engagement growth.
- Collaboration: Partner closely with leaders across product, engineering, marketing and data science, as well as external partners and customers. Maintain a strong point of view on what is best for the user and for iZettle.
- 8+ years of Product Management Experience.
- Extensive product management experience developing consumer facing products or other relevant experience. Ideally, also experience with insights, reporting, and/or fintech products.
- You care about the user and understands the role of UX and design in product success.
- You care about agile software processes, data-driven development (hypothesis based on data and user interviews), and responsible experimentation.
- You have technical experience so that you can weigh tradeoffs and have in depth discussions with engineers on the nuances of complex engineering systems.
- Data-minded whenever possible. You deeply understand how your products work and how to measure long-term impact. You can design, run, and interpret experiments and A/B tests, and probably know a bit of SQL.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills; storytelling; ability to speak fluently to engineers, designers, business people and partners.
- Strong interpersonal skills and happy to work in a team environment.
We're all for equality for all. Tattoo artists. Dog groomers. Cake bakers. Jewelry makers. You name them - at iZettle - we help them. And to do that well, we need our people to be as unique and diverse as they are. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer and together we uphold PayPal's One Team Behavior, striving to be a place where everyone can benefit from equal access to professional development, bring their whole self to work and most of all, feel like they belong.
San Jose, California, United States of America
Additional Locations:We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.
This job has expired.