Sr. Occupancy Planner - Retail
Job Description Summary
The Senior Space and Occupancy Planner is responsible for developing creative planning solutions for a client's regional portfolio which includes critical analysis, information and data management, extensive customer communications and negotiations, resulting in the ultimate customer experience.
This person will work with the Space Planning Manager in developing real estate portfolio scenarios, strategic and tactical planning, development of move plans and be a key part in driving the analysis of the data that drives solutions for our real estate strategy. This role is instrumental in the development of relationships with key business contacts to align business needs and their space requirements with space solutions.
This role will be focused on retail bank locations and experience with those facilities is highly preferred.
Skills and Experience
- Support the Space Planning Lead and Workplace Strategist with the creation of the master space plan for a bank account's retail properties
- Manage space planning activities and space allocations in support of day to day business unit needs.
- Ticket management for New Hire, space, move and/or other requests for specific ticket types in assigned region.
- Execute, track and report on space allocations in conjunction with the Moves Add Change team and ensure all changes are updated in the CAFM (space management) system.
- Create relocation strategies and solutions for our internal customers and communicate effectively with all parties involved in each exchange.
- Develop various planning scenarios by using qualitative and quantitative information, packing for delivery to move add change team, client leadership and business unit space champions.
- Be comfortable with providing in-depth analysis to support space strategies and scenario planning.
- Develop strong relationships with business contacts to understand product area focus, business adjacencies, and departmental reorganizations.
- Update and establish space stacking plans and floor block plans, conduct space analysis and create various planning options.
- Prepare and present space management data for reporting.
- Develop presentations that include visualization of space data; structure and approach for PPT/keynote presentations should be very clear; always include goal and purpose, focused, relevant and specific content.
- Ability to develop presentations that tell a complete, comprehensive but concise and relevant story, along with ability to present to internal team and/or broader audience with confidence.
- Walk through spaces to document and validate occupancy as required.
- Enthusiastically provide options and creative solutions to maximize space utilization and group productivity, foreseeing issues before they develop.
- Develop and implement alternative space solutions that are over capacity or need to expand.
- Integrate and understand furniture solutions as part of the solve for the space issues.
- Keep on top of industry benchmarking and share innovative solutions with the team.
- Creates new space layouts and suggests workplace improvements in response to client business needs and ways of working requirements.
- Develops pilot projects to introduce new innovations and changes to the workplace model.
- Makes recommendations to enhance operational efficiency, service delivery, cost savings, and asset utilization.
- Collaborates with Real Estate Portfolio Strategist, Project Management, Occupancy Planners and other CRE team members.
- Bachelors Degree and/or a combination of 5-10 years of space and occupancy planning experience.
- Minimum of five years' experience in a corporate real estate environment.
- Excellent customer service and negotiation skills providing premier services are a mandatory requirement of this position.
- Thrives on working in a fast-paced environment, work collaboratively across functions and meet aggressive deadlines
- Excellent verbal aptitude, presentation, and communication skills and be comfortable presenting to all levels of the organization.
- Well organized, self-directed and able to balance multiple planning projects.
- Proactive and solution focused with experience in managing projects of varied scope and complexity.
- Enjoy working in a team environment with smart and creative individuals, a team player is a must, with the ability to also work independent and autonomous.
- Possesses strong analytical skills and the ability to develop conclusions and recommendations.
- Demonstrates proficiency in architectural and engineering drawings, concepts & design.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of various office furniture systems.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal relationship skills.
- Able to build strong relationships with internal and external partners to deliver effective services.
- Strong oral, written and presentation skills along with a strong attention to detail and quality.
- Assumes ownership of requests in order to ensure successful completion.
- Ability to handle concurrent projects with minimal supervision and direction.
- MS Excel, Powerpoint, AutoCad and relevant (applied) CAFM proficiency required; Intermediate Level at minimum.
Cushman & Wakefield provides equal employment opportunity. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. Cushman & Wakefield is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position at Cushman & Wakefield, email HRServices@cushwake.com or HRServices@cwservices.com. All inquiries not related to accommodations will go unanswered.