Job Location: Hershey, PA
This senior manager position will develop and execute company leadership messaging, change management communications, cultural transformation communications, and strategic communications plans and employee engagement events. This role leads a team of communications professionals and serves as counselor to leaders of the business for organizational communications strategy and cultural transformation. The successful candidate will be a strong people leader with strong project management and business relationship-building skills, focused on key priorities for primarily internal audiences but also external communications opportunities such as media interviews, speaking engagements and other projects. The senior manager will work closely with business leaders, enterprise-wide, and must be able to work effectively with the company's top executives.
- Develops communication and leader engagement strategies and planning for assigned projects or programs
- Integrates strategy, planning and messages across functions and teams to develop project-specific communication capability and ensure desired outcomes
- Co-opts business partners in communication planning to ensure buy-in and prioritization of resources
- Engages team in strategic planning process to ensure ownership and accountability of plan delivery and success
- Ensures project strategy is aligned with company strategy
- Plans, develops, manages and executes compelling and effective internal communications content and materials to support business priorities including transformational activities (i.e. inclusion internal campaign), leader and employee meetings and communications
- Works in partnership with communications team members and business partners to develop tactics and messages that resonate with multiple stakeholder groups
- Actively contributes to editorial planning, suggesting content ideas and appropriate project timelines
Integration of activities
- Develops processes to ensure knowledge sharing and integration of activities across unique disciplines, different teams, and audiences and channels
- Acts as curator of information and content across departments and stakeholders to drive desired outcomes
- Identifies areas where enhanced collaboration among teams can improve business results and best practice sharing
- Executes communications projects in a timely and effective manner
- Oversees budget and ensures effective resource allocation for projects
- Leads business partners and teams to achieve consensus and alignment to deliver outcomes
- Provides timely and accurate project reporting and measurement
- Builds trusting and productive relationships within the organization to help achieve business outcomes
- Provides counsel and communications support to business leaders and functional managers with limited oversight
- Leads business partners and staff and achieves consensus and results even without direct authority
- Bachelor's Degree preferred in communications, journalism, public relations, marketing, public policy, social sciences or other associated major.
- Minimum 10-15 years of work experience in communications
- A focus on one the following areas would be advantageous: internal corporate communications, public relations, human resources, public policy, marketing, or media relations.
Additional Skills & Abilities Required:
- Outstanding verbal, written and presentation skills; demonstrated ability to write for broad and diverse audiences and in digital formats
- Deep experience in communicating authentically, concisely, and convincingly in diverse organizations; ability to translate broad and complex ideas and concepts to clear and compelling communications
- Ability to successfully multi-task, handling volumes of information, competing priorities and working under strict timelines
- Acts with conviction, seeks new ideas, and suggests alternatives
- Attention to details, resourceful, responsible and strong work ethic
- Excellent team collaboration, influence, negotiation and inter-personal skills
- Makes linkages - internal and external, global and local, company and brand, risk and opportunity - to create plans and executions that drive our company purpose and business strategy in ways that are meaningful to our stakeholders and enhances the company's reputation.
- Strong analytical skills as well as the ability to think creatively/conceptually, and effectively interact with individuals at all levels within the company
- A team player with a can-do attitude with ability to work independently
- Strong project management skills
- Business acumen with clear ability to incorporate learnings into practice
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The policy of The Hershey Company is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other categories protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veterans
This job has expired.