The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
Our Client is seeking a Sr. Java Developer in Irving, TX.
• Define the technical requirements that are required to develop the product/feature
• Architect and design the technical solution and implement the solution
• Explore, assess and prototype new technologies to drive innovation and problem solving
• Partner and collaborate with peers in other technology teams
• Actively engages in product and technical discussions for feasibility and adherence to overall roadmaps and architectural strategy.
• Identify and analyze open source/market solutions
Skills & Requirements
• Bachelor's degree or the equivalent in Computer Science, Information Technology
• Expertise in writing APIs using Java and Spring framework.
• Expertise in building solutions on top of AWS such as Lambda, API Gateway, ECS, S3 and others
• Expertise in building RESTful APIs
• Expertise in NoSQL databases like MongoDB, DynamoDB
• Experience working with modern development approaches (containerization, cloud, continuous delivery, micro-services, modular reactive web applications)
• Strong experience in working with DevOps and Build pipelines.
• Expertise in development of Unit Test cases and Testing frameworks and scripting
• Experience working with enterprise technology platforms.
• Strong experience with development methodologies such as Agile or SCRUM
• Exposure to a wide range of technologies including enterprise application integration, database design and configuration, web applications, operating platforms, security and networking.
• Demonstrate strong problem-solving ability and analytical skills
• Strong communication, presentation, and advisory skills
• 8+ years Java development experience
• 3+ years AWS cloud experience
• Experience with POS and Credit card payment processing is a plus.
You will be working with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of the Information Technology industry and market trends . Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there's a position you really want, you're fully prepared to get it.
Additionally, this position is a contract role where Hays offers you the opportunity to enroll in full medical, dental or vision benefits.
• Life Insurance ($20,000 benefit)
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information.