Job ID: 242119
CRH is a leading global diversified building materials group, employing over 85,000 people at more than 3,600 locations in 32 countries. Imagine a company capable of providing the modern building materials needed to build our homes, schools, communities, even the bridges and highways to get you there. We are CRH Americas, North America's largest manufacturer of building products and the second largest globally.
CRH Group Internal Audit is currently recruiting for the position of Sr. Internal Auditor at Oldcastle, Inc. The ideal applicant will be a professional accountant with prior audit experience. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to gain a solid understanding of the group's financial systems, knowledge of its business operations and experience to support potential advancement in the company.
- Sr. Internal Auditor reporting to Atlanta Audit Manager - travel up to around 40% - This will be a bit more limited in the near future due to some Covid-19 limitations.
Qualifications and Experience
- Excellent financial and analytical skills
- Professionalism, initiative, commitment and objectivity
- Highly motivated and able to operate independently
- Problem-solving, negotiating and influencing skills
- Report-writing and presentation skills
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Ambition to progress into other financial roles
Areas in which the successful candidate will have significant involvement include:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or related field
- 4+ years' experience in related roles in public accounting or industry
- Professional certification such as CPA, CA, CIA, or be actively pursuing
- Corporate governance, internal control, compliance (SOx) and audit testing
- Solid understanding of accounting principles and internal controls
- Experience with data analytics desired
Areas in which the successful candidate will have the opportunity to develop include:
- Conduct of audits of financial and operational processes
- Participation in audit planning and organization
- Analysis of data to conduct audit work and support conclusions
- Devising of thoughtful solutions to issues arising on audits
- Conduct of SOx compliance testing
- Participation in special project work as required
- Engagement with management on audit findings and proposed solutions
- Preparation of high-quality audit reports that detail findings and recommendations
- Evaluation of management responses to audit recommendations
- Dissemination of best practices and development of ideas for business performance improvement
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Risk evaluation and mitigation, internal control best practice and corporate governance
- Knowledge of business operations at operating company, division and group levels
- Linking of risk and control frameworks to enterprise strategy
- Negotiating, influencing and problem-solving skills
About CRH Americas
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Date Posted: Dec 30, 2020 Nearest Major Market:
This job has expired.