ADP is hiring a Senior Director, Accounting Policy & External Reporting. In this position you'll be responsible for setting financial policy, accounting issues surrounding M&A, Business Units, and Corporate departments and preparing and reviewing ADP's external (SEC) financial reports as well as overseeing financial certification process.
At ADP we are driven by your success. We engage your unique talents and perspectives. We welcome your ideas on how to do things differently and better. In your efforts to achieve, learn and grow, we support you all the way. If success motivates you, you belong at ADP.
We strive for every interaction to be driven by our CORE values: Insightful Expertise, Integrity is Everything, Service Excellence, Inspiring Innovation, Each Person Counts, Results-Driven, & Social Responsibility.
- Performs Technical Accounting consultations on various topics including but not limited to revenue recognition, stock-based accounting, purchase accounting, sale of businesses (carve-outs, discontinued operations, assets held for sale, etc.), and derivatives, among others.
- Coordinates/ oversees recurring technical accounting analyses such as goodwill, segment reporting, reinsurance, etc.
- Oversees the stock-compensation process including drafting of the expense entry, disclosures, forecasts, and analysis of drivers of variances. Works closely with the FP&A and Compensation team.
- Works closely across all functions of finance as well as other organizations (legal, HR, strategy, corporate development, etc.) to discuss implications of potential transactions or situations on ADP's financial statements. Partners with Corporate FP&A to model and understand impacts to ADP.
- Determines financial disclosure requirements for SEC required financial reports (10-K, 10-Q, Proxy, 8-K, etc.). Works closely with Global Accounting, FP&A, Treasury, Tax, Legal, HR, etc. to obtain data necessary to produce external financial reports. Coordinates and works to prepare SEC filings working closely with senior management and external auditor for review.
- Works with Investor Relations team to help craft investor-related discussions.
- Works on one-off projects at the request of the CFO, Corporate Controller, VP of Consolidations, Accounting Policy, and External Reporting.
- Determines how ADP should adopt new accounting rules and model any potential retroactive or future changes into the financial statements. Maintains a close working relationship to business units, Corporate Staff Departments in order to facilitate the integration of ADP's policy and GAAP accounting rules to new ADP products, HR issues, operations, etc. Updates ADP's Financial Policy Manual as necessary.
- Builds relationships amongst finance and other ADP associates, external auditors and other consultants.
SPECIAL ACCOUNTABILITY: Not following GAAP/SEC rules could have criminal repercussions as well as deleteriously impact to ADP's public image.
- Bachelor's Degree, MBA preferred.
- Certified Public Accountant required.
- 10+ years of total experience in a major Public Accounting Firm and/or a large, multinational company in similar capacity (SEC reporting and financial policy).
- Must have strong technical accounting skills and up-to-date knowledge of the latest accounting standards including working knowledge of revenue recognition, lease and CECL accounting standards.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical and communication skills necessary.
- Ability to communicate directly with senior level leaders including CEO, CFO, and General Counsel.
- Strong managerial skills, including ability to balance team's strengths and areas for growth and development, provide candid feedback, prioritize many key tasks for the team and you, and balance heavy workload for team with strong balance outside of work.
- Strong presentation skills, including ability to anticipate questions and perspectives and provide timely and well-thought out answers even under pressure.
- Must be able to balance the need for business unit operating flexibility while maintaining a strong control environment and GAAP financials.
Explore our COVID-19 page https://jobs.adp.com/covid19/ to understand how ADP is approaching safety, travel, the hiring interview process, and more.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Equal Employment Opportunity at ADP: ADP affirms that inequality is detrimental to our associates, our clients, and the communities we serve. Our goal is to impact lasting change through our actions. Together, we unite for equality and equity. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of any protected characteristic, including race, color, genetic information, creed, national origin, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lawful alien status, ancestry, age, marital status, or protected veteran status and will not discriminate against anyone on the basis of a disability. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.
Ethics at ADP: ADP has a long, proud history of conducting business with the highest ethical standards and full compliance with all applicable laws. We also expect our people to uphold our values with the highest level of integrity and behave in a manner that fosters an honest and respectful workplace. Click https://jobs.adp.com/life-at-adp/ to learn more about ADP's culture and our full set of values.